WordPress Developer - Durham, NC (On-Site, Remote, or Hybrid) at Viget (Raleigh, NC)
| Raleigh-Durham, NC
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:56 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Viget is an independent digital agency that has been branding, designing, and building digital products and platforms since 1999. Our culture is ideal for lifelong learners seeking a variety of meaningful work, supportive collaboration with positive teammates, and a healthy work/life balance. We work from four sweet offices (hybrid) and remote locations throughout the U.S., and utilize a proven cadence of virtual and in-person meetings and retreats to build comradery and stay connected. We love our team.
If you join our industry-leading development team as a WordPress developer, you can expect to work on projects that will challenge you to learn and grow as a developer. You'll be working alongside project managers, user experience and visual designers, and other developers to collaborate with our clients from major brands to world-changing nonprofits to emerging startups and tech leaders. Viget == variety.
Our WordPress developers love WordPress and are adept at transforming requirements into efficiently configured, performant, data models and know how to provide an exceptional admin experience for our clients. They’re equally comfortable building smaller sites end-to-end or configuring and architecting larger sites where data requirements and functionality need their specialized expertise. Internally, WordPress developers are called "platform developers," and are part of a team of versatile developers who are dedicated to industry-leading CMS development.
To get a feel for how we think and what we're learning about, read our tech articles, check out code.viget.com, or jump straight to our projects on Github.
Our WordPress Developers
- Build new sites using WordPress.
- Write clean and effective code and know when to separate functionality into plugins.
- Have experience defining and implementing data models.
- Understand how to write performant queries and, more generally, how to get the most out of WordPress.
- Have experience building interfaces from designs and can pitch in on this work occasionally when needed.
- Enjoy keeping up with WordPress updates and the ever-evolving landscape of plugins, while staying pragmatic about what to invest their time and energy in.
- Embody our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning (especially important as we continually evaluate and embrace new technologies).
- Value mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Enjoy working with others in our collaborative environment that balances team-wide communication (e.g., standups, Slack discussions, code review), occasional pair programming sessions, and frequent blocks of focused, uninterrupted time for independent work.
- Listen, collaborate, and communicate exceptionally well.
In a given week, our WordPress Developers might be:
- In the thick of one large project or balancing 3 - 4 smaller development tasks. There is no typical week when it comes to projects, but the ability to context switch is essential.
- Collaborating with the project team during early design phases to help shape the scope and success of a project.
- Working with a data model in WordPress, building out a design or writing WordPress plugins in PHP. Our WordPress developers are equally comfortable in the front-end and back-end of the platform.
- Reviewing pull requests from other developers on the same project or across projects. We view PR reviews as opportunities to practice our "always learning and teaching" ethos.
- Attending team meetings that are designed for sharing knowledge, surfacing concerns, and generally bringing together a group that is usually working separately across many projects.
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning.
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Believes in and supports our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive company.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual base salary of $75,000 - $105,000 (mid level) or $95,000 - $125,000 (senior) per year depending on location, skills, and experience
- Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales referrals, and new hire referrals
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 4%
- 100% company-paid health and dental coverage for you and your family
- Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity (mobile phone or home internet)
- 15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays, and 2 community service days per year
- Up to $2,000/year in conference and training (professional development) budget
Introduce yourself using the application form. Our recruiter, Katie, will respond typically within a day or two.
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications and are actively seeking people from underrepresented groups to join our team.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Katie on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]
More Information on Viget
Viget operates in the Marketing Tech industry. The company is located in Falls Church, VA, Durham, NC, Chattanooga, TN and Boulder, CO. Viget was founded in 1999. It has 70 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Remote Work Program. To see all 41 open jobs at Viget, click here.
Read Full Job Description