Origami Risk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive and benefit from diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We do not discriminate against any individual based upon race, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
• Support, maintain, and enhance day-today information systems and infrastructure, through infrastructure as code.
• Design, develop, test, and document new automated solutions to improve current and new processes.
• Reduce 3rd Party and Custom application Build, Deployment, and Configuration complexity through automated solutions
• Research new technologies and best practices to create and improve new or existing processes
• Identify, diagnose and correct issues related to the operating systems, software, utilities, AWS environment and ancillary services via Ansible automation.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verify the integrity, availability and performance of the infrastructure environment, server resources, systems and key processes, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot network issues using Wireshark.
• Deploy and maintain operating system software and third-party software utilities, systems and services within company operational guidelines.
• Conduct system analysis, configuration management and develop improvements for system performance, availability and reliability.
• Implement and maintain appropriate levels of system security.
• Manage system backup / disaster recovery procedures; participate in disaster recovery efforts including regular testing.
• Address and resolve critical system issues as needed on a 24X7 basis including notification, escalation and coordination across the organization.
• Manage and address incident tickets and change requests within pre-defined service level agreements.
• Regularly communicate status of incidents and requests with customers and key stakeholders as dictated by the severity and circumstances of the incident.
• Maintain updated documentation of all in-progress and completed projects in appropriate systems as required by team management.
• Create and maintain system documentation for organizational technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
• Bachelor's Degree Required
• Proficiency in PowerShell is a must
• Strong grasp of automation tools, including Ansible and Saltstack
• Extensive experience with Windows servers and systems
• Network: troubleshooting with Wireshark, subnetting
• Firewall: Fortinet or other firewall management
• Ability to use and quickly acclimate to a wide array of technologies and tools with a focus on event-driven AWS Cloud infrastructure
• Infrastructure: AWS Cloud, NGINX, Sophos UTM, Ansible (or equivalent like Saltstack, Chef or Puppet)
• Monitoring: Datadog, New Relic
• Services: IIS, MSSQL, Active Directory & Group policy management
• Ability to code and script - emphatic with incremental development, testing and deployments.
• Self-starter/Self-regulated - you don't need to ask what to do next.
Who We Are
Origami Risk is an industry-leading provider of integrated SaaS solutions for the risk and insurance industry-from insured corporate and public entities to brokers and risk consultants, insurers, third party claims administrators (TPAs), and risk pools. We deliver a full suite of risk management and insurance core system solutions from a single, secure, cloud-based platform. We have a singular focus on helping clients achieve their business objectives by developing, implementing, and supporting our technology solutions.
Founded in 2009 by Risk Management Information System (RMIS) industry veterans, over the past decade Origami Risk has received more than two dozen awards for service excellence, technology innovation, and workplace culture. In addition to inclusion in Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America, Origami Risk also has been repeatedly recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the "Best Places to Work" and Best and Brightest® Companies To Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR).