Reporting to the Head of Engineering, this role is crucial for ServiceTitan's next phase of growth and scale. We are sitting on an incredibly rich set of functionality and customer use cases that ServiceTitan will need to continue to enhance, build anew and scale 10X . For this upcoming phase for the company, our Software Platform and Underlying infrastructure needs a transformation to a fully distributed set of functional modules (Micro/Macroservices) with clean well defined interfaces and independent operational and scale characteristics. This role is chartered to lead this transformation by taking ownership of our Infrastructure Platform, SRE, Operations Center and Tools teams and deliver a multi-region, high availability, disaster recoverable the infrastructure platform atop Azure, our underlying cloud substrate.
What you'll do:
- Own the architecture, execution and delivery of Service Titan's next generation infrastructure platform.
- Recruit and build a world class bench of architects, managers that can own different components of the architectural transformation we are embarking on.
- Influencing broadly across teams to challenge entrenched practices around release management, deployment and architecture.
- Managing the full lifecycle of software components from requirements through design, documenting, development and testing.
- Own, refine and deliver a world class set of tools and processes for management of infrastructure tier and ensure 99.9+% availability.
- Lead, motivate and grow a diverse, multi-location, multi-skilled infrastructure, tools and cloud operations team of software engineers chartered to deliver Service Titan's next generation infrastructure platform.
- Manage a variety of projects, be able to wear many hats, ultimately hold people accountable, including remote engineering team members.
- Partner closely with CTO to manage growth and career paths for engineers.
- Partner closely with peer engineering executives to ensure we operate as a single team and represent Service Titan in the technology community as well as interacting with customers assuring them of our continued commitment to their success.
What you'll bring:
- ~15 years of software engineering experience with a minimum of 7 years in leadership capacity of a team ~100 engineers with expertise in distributed systems & cloud operations.
- First hand experience with a cloud transformation as well as unraveling a monolithic codebase to a system of highly available microservices with exceptional performance and load resiliency.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Functions/Serverless computing, Distributed messaging systems (Kafka, Event Hubs, SQS etc) and Data Lakehouse architectures (Snowflake, Databricks Delta) and API gateways will be crucial to the success of this role.
- Exceptional communication skills including interpersonal as well as public speaking. Ability to present and communicate vision is paramount for the success of this role.
- Experience with managing SRE/DevOps and technical tooling teams will be a definite plus.
- A talent magnet, this leader will bring the best and the brightest to the best vertical SaaS product company for the trades industry.
- A non-negotiable need for this role will be a high EQ and a strong inclination to build a highly effective, diverse team where all members feel respected, included and can bring their whole self to the job.
- BA/BS Computer Science or a related discipline. MS/PhD highly desirable from a top-tier university.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.