Vertical Solutions Architect, Spectrum Enterprise at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC)
- Do you desire a competitive salary, an uncapped sales commission and a $10,000 sign-on bonus?
- Are you a technologist skilled at delivering highly technical complex and customized solutions to large clients and influencing purchasing decisions at the senior level?
- Can you work with Product Development and other boundary partners to create a product roadmap that position Spectrum Enterprise as the long term provider of choice?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As a Solutions Architect for Verticals, you are a technologist that accelerates the sales cycle by delivering highly complex and customized solutions to our largest clients. You establish yourself as a trusted technical advisor to clients and internal stakeholders by effectively eliminating technical obstacles and barriers to sales. You apply your subject matter expertise to help client's create a technical roadmap that meets their current and future needs.
You improve overall sales by influencing purchasing decisions at the most senior levels of client organizations. You possess business and technical acumen, outstanding presentation and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a matrixed environment. You excel working in an office environment with team members across the organization and travel up to 30 percent of the time to achieve company objectives. You report to the Senior Manager of Solutions Architects for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with sales incentives.
- $10,000 sign-on bonus (external hires only).
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on Spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Be an impactful member for the Spectrum Enterprise team by supporting all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Improve sales by providing subject matter expertise for an assigned technology domain with our Voice, Video and Data solution set.
- Enhance the sales cycle by participating in client meetings across multiple stages, including discovery, proposal, overcoming objections and closing.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor and consultant to the client and Sales team and develop technical responses and strategy for RFIs and RFPs to ensure a successful sales cycle.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product, Engineering and Operations teams to develop highly complex and customized solutions for specific opportunities.
- Partner closely with internal Product Development teams to ensure that our product roadmap is aligned to client needs and industry trends.
- Provide or support the creation of written proposals, proof-of-concepts and high-level designs based on client requirements and needs analysis to assist in closing sales.
- Present well-documented solutions to overcome objections from high level decision makers and influencers.
- Accelerate sales by assisting in proposing Spectrum Enterprise Ethernet, Internet, Wave, VoIP, PRI, SIP, Collaboration, Unified Communications (UC), Video standard and non-standard solutions.
- Work with various Spectrum Enterprise Network Engineering, Operations and Product teams to develop unique service offerings as needed.
- Mitigate risks by ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures.
Required keys for success:
- Ten or more years of technical experience in cable or telecommunications voice, video and data solutions.
- Ten or more years of experience designing large scale IP networks to deliver data, voice and video service utilizing Layer 2 topologies, managed routers, managed security, SD-WAN, cloud services and optical transport technologies.
- Ten or more years of network engineering, network administrator or network sales engineering experience.
- Ability to act autonomously.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing technical solutions across multiple Spectrum Enterprise technology offerings, including transport, Managed Services, UC and Voice.
- Strong analytical sales with the ability to solve complex technology and business issues.
- Inquisitive nature and eager to explore new concepts and approaches.
- Confidence when presenting to peers and senior management within the organization.
- Business acumen and sense of urgency to achieve business results.
- Strategic account positioning with executive or C-level management.
- Track record of listening to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations.
- Solid planning, prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to independently manage multiple projects and tasks.
- History of making sound decisions and resolving issues while working under pressure.
- Proven ability to show sound judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties.
- Valid driver's license, safe driving record and availability to travel.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Fifteen or more years of technical experience in cable or telecommunications voice, video and data solutions.
- Fifteen or more years of experience designing large scale IP networks to deliver data, voice and video service utilizing Layer 2 topologies, managed routers, managed security, SD-WAN, cloud services and optical transport technologies.
- Fifteen or more years of network engineering, network administrator or network sales engineering experience.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Master's degree in a related field (preferred).
- Industry or vendor specific certifications, such as CCIE or NSE 8 (preferred).