Technical Solution Architect at FIS (Orlando, FL)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team
This position will report directly to the Head of Solutions Architecture in the Next Generation Banking Group. This leader will architect and establish next generation banking and digital solutions for FIS' Large Financial Institution (LFI) clients. This technology leader will collaborate and partner with senior Sales, Product and Technology leaders across the enterprise to help define solutions necessary to support FIS' strategic clients. We are in the process of disrupting the digital and core banking market and this leader and team will have a key role in that process.
What you will be doing
- Working with sales teams and our Large Financial Institution clients to create solution architecture and design for their banking and payment requirements.
- Applying architectural and engineering concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability.
- Lead, as required, and support the preparation of sales proposals, RFP's, RFI's, and value propositions for multiple, concurrent client engagements.
- Support client demonstrations and product deep-dives
- SME to help identify and qualify business development opportunities.
- Technical design of complex systems
- Work with Implementation and delivery teams to help guide the design and development of the solution.
- Create Solution Architecture documents that outlines the end to end solution.
- Act as integration subject matter expert to other implementation teams.
- Work with product management teams to contribute to product strategy, market requirements and Go To Market plans.
- Collaborate and mentor FinTech startups working with the FIS FinTech Accelerator program.
- Maintain and enhance the FIS Banking Domain and capability models by identifying whitespace and evaluating partner and/or 3rd party solutions to fill capability gaps.
- Provide thought leadership by publishing periodic white papers and blogs
Contribute to the development of comprehensive deal structures and pricing proposals addressing complex business and technical requirements
What you bring
- BS in Computer Science or BA in Business or related field required or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial services systems, including areas of retail and commercial banking.
- Experience providing thought leadership and creative solutions to global financial services clients. Communicate solution to C Suite or other senior business and technical personnel.
- Experience defining, documenting, and managing the implementation of systems to operate retail and commercial banking products.
- Experience with multiple information and application technologies.
- Object Oriented Design and Programming with JAVA or C#, SQL, DevOps, Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), REST, JSON and the like.
- DevOps and experience with CI/CD pipelines is a plus.
- Experience in cloud-native and cloud capable architecture and solutions.
- Experience in Agile Design and development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools like Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel and Visio.
- Skills in designing solutions for high availability, scale, and operability
- Extensive stakeholder management and problem-solving skills
- Resourceful and comfortable working in a small team environment where self-sufficiency is essential
- Superior interpersonal, communication, presentation, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel, approximately 60%
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- Training across core financial, sales and FIS solutions
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.