Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
The Technical Product/ Application Architect (Angular 8 and above with NodeJS and AWS) is expected to be a hands-on technical expert, capable of directly implementing proof of concept for solutions they design for customer requirements. Your insights from these customer engagements will influence future product releases. You will be required to present challenges, solutions, and guidance to audiences including senior customer technical and business decision makers, executives, and internal engineering staff and leadership.
The candidate should possess strong software engineering and architectural knowledge building cloud solutions. As a member of the engineering team, you will help sprint teams understand and prioritize customer requirements and feedback for the implementation and improvement of product features. We are looking for a person who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and lean in with the developers.
To be successful in this challenging position, you will need exceptional cross-group collaboration, strategic thinking, and inter-personal skills. The candidate needs to possess excellent communication and presentation skills as well as have the ability to effectively interface with employees and customers at all levels. As a thought leader, the candidate will also need to have a deep understanding of the best practices and strategies for web application development in the AWS cloud.
A professional with proven ability to lead development and delivery of required contract software products as scheduled. We are looking for people to take our project teams to the next level in adoption of Agile and Scrum practices. The ideal candidate will bring previous experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to deliver software products for our federal clients.
Roles and responsibilities:
· Lead a project team delivering software for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
· Ensure software and other deliverables meet client expectations for quality, completeness and timeliness
· Analyze our current Agile processes, prioritize areas of improvement, and work alongside key stakeholders to implement the improvements
· Facilitate/participate in key Agile rituals across Scrum teams
· Coach team members as needed, including resolving conflict
· Communicate project risks and other status to external and internal senior stakeholders
· Manage projects in JIRA and Confluence; providing training to team members as needed
· Conduct periodic reviews and make recommendations for enhancements and improvements
· Ensure that documentation is stored in correct location according to version control requirements
· Assist program in all process improvement activities
· Stay hands-on with code with the team and guide them as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years leading/ architecting all phases of the agile software development life cycle.
· Over 8 plus years of progressive experience as developer, senior developer, lead developer etc building and architecting large scale enterprise applications using Angular/ Node and AWS stack.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and must be detailed oriented.
· Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate to management, peers and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills
· Experience in an Agile environment, leading agile sprint teams and using agile collaboration tools (Jira, confluence, etc.)
· Demonstrated ability to diagnose business problems, and support to come up with product roadmaps and timelines for product implementation.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and business for business operations; demonstrated ability to understand user needs for system and interfaces and come up with requirement documentation. Able to perform end-to-end business process analysis to identify gaps and come up with improvements.
· Verifiable experience with architecting application, systems or products using agile & iterative practices
· Must be able to exercise critical and rational thinking to identify alternate solution, strengths & weakness of each options, documenting and discussing them with stakeholders to inform decisions.
· Must have demonstrated experience in documenting complex technical and business problems in a simple & intuitive manner that others can understand.
· Must have experience in architecting and hands-on implementation experience with modern technologies stack like Node.js, Angular latest versions, AWS, Go, Python, MySQL, PostgreSQL
· Must show appetite for active learning, embracing change and mentoring others in organization.
· Two (2) or more years of experience working with Federal Healthcare IT Projects. Other government contract project management experience will be considered.
· Knowledge of Healthcare, Medicare and Medicaid systems and data is a plus.
· Demonstrated ability come up with System designs, architecture, process flows and Concept of Operations for large complex systems
· Demonstrated experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
· Experience with Big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Machine Learning and one more cloud environments (AWS, Google and Azure)
Some of the day-to-day activities will include but not limited to:
· Working with Chief Architect, Product Managers, Stakeholders to come up with Product Architecture, road maps and implementation plans.
· Collaborating with Product teams to review code, designing proof of concepts, frameworks and ensuring best practices
· Representing teams in Sprint demos to Clients.
· Understanding and working with complex data and business processes to modernize legacy systems to improve the user experience.
· Adhere to and driving agile & iterative development practices.
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
Benefits and Perks
· 65%-75% company sponsored (including dependents) premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K). Voluntary Life insurance option available.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
· Company sponsored role based certifications/trainings.
· Monthly Doordash DashPass subscription.
· Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
Softrams is a 100% remote at the moment and we expect some of our employees to be onsite (Woodlawn, MD) 2-3 times a week post-covid especially if they are customer facing or if there are important team meetings. Softrams works in eastern zone and standard work hours are 9 AM to 5 PM with flexibility around the start and end times based on the individual smaller teams. This role qualifies for 100% remote for the right candidate.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HUBZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).
More Information on Softrams
Softrams operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Leesburg, VA and Windsor Mill, MD. Softrams was founded in 2007. It has 231 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Pet Insurance and 401(K). To see all 21 open jobs at Softrams, click here.
Read Full Job Description