Technical Marketing Engineer - API & Developer Platform at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
The Cisco Meraki team is seeking a creative and driven Technical Marketing Engineer to support product management activities for the Meraki API and developer platform. You will be on the team that covers product areas such as the user experience, API, developer ecosystem, and backend infrastructure. Your mission will be to lead the next-generation cloud connected hardware strategy. You will expand Meraki’s cloud network management APIs and collaborate with product teams across the company (wireless access points, network security appliances, intelligent video cameras and more).
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution. You will team up with forward-thinking engineers and excited customers to help ensure that we have the best user experience and the most advanced cloud platform in the industry!
As a Technical Marketing Engineer, you are the authority on the product and ensure the continued success of Meraki products by driving feature development, customer issues, and large scale infrastructure projects. You will collaborate with an outstanding Engineering team to build the future of the Meraki API and developer platform. You will partner with our Sales team to ensure we continue to grow our happy customer base, as well as work together with our Support team to analyze and resolve critical issues.
- Serve as domain specialist and key technical advisor for the Meraki API and developer platform
- Represent API and developer experience features, roadmap and strategy to partners, customers, and executives
- Work with engineering teams through design, development, testing, launch and iteration of new ground-breaking network management API capabilities, consumption models, and infrastructure
- Drive cross team initiatives, investigation of customer issues and understanding feature requests for Meraki API as well as Cloud platform, in collaboration with other Cloud TMEs
- Produce user documentation, standard methodology documents and deployment guides for internal and external use
- Build relationships with our Sales team and customers, and act as the primary technical point of contact for some of our most sophisticated deployments
- Be a trusted partner on API data architecture for our Engineering, Finance, and Data Science teams
- Showcase the power of APIs to extend flexibility and functionality of Dashboard, to enable our largest customers to onboard, configure, and manage at scale
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field
- 3+ years of work experience in software development, data center and/or cloud technologies, including 1+ years with cloud based APIs and Developer experience
- Experience in technical customer facing roles, such as technical support, product testing or QA, preferred
- Desire to understand and simplify B2B purchasing and renewal experiences
- Passion for learning about networking, cloud, and emerging ground-breaking technologies
- Strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about top customer problems
- You are able to easily communicate complicated concepts to non-technical people
- You have a results-oriented, can-do attitude with an intuitive understanding of product quality
- You love solving technical problems in creative ways
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.