Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customer organizations, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
We are seeking a Technical Curriculum Developer to join our Customer Education and Enablement team to help develop and maintain programs to educate and enable Mode customers and users to become better analysts and get the most out of Mode’s platform. This individual will play a pivotal part in scaling our customer-facing education materials as you will help manage, design, and create new curriculum to help drive the direction and content delivery through various channels while also providing thought leadership that establishes our educational programs as best-in-class.
What you’ll do:
- Create courses within Mode University ensuring content accuracy and relevance based on subject matter experts (SMEs), stakeholders, and customer feedback
- Develop innovative learning solutions applying adult learning theories and create content that fits the learner’s needs to a wide variety of users.
- Identify ways to educate various customer personas at each stage of the customer journey and create customized learning paths.
- Work closely with product and marketing teams to ensure customer educational resources are always up-to-date and capture new features and use cases as needed.
- Become a Mode product expert
What we look for:
- Experience in creating customer education curriculum for technical platforms with very large numbers of users, preferably in a SaaS, data analytics, or startup environment
- Experience with - or strong desire to learn - the modern analytics space, from tooling in the modern data stack to approaches to building and scaling best in class data teams
- Excellent communication skills including in writing, public speaking, and video
- A data-informed decision-maker who experiments with new ways to help our customers learn our products faster
- A curious person who loves learning new things and exploring what’s possible with technology
- Alignment with Mode’s values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.