Systems Engineer with Skills in Cloud or IaaS Environment - TS/SCI with Polygraph required at General Dynamics Information Technology
| Baltimore, MD
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:09 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, April 28, 2022
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- This position supports the Utility Cloud Computing Development and Support team with the deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting applications on Linux (predominantly CentOS). The job focuses on the OpenStack releases to government systems, and supports the sustainment team.
- In addition to Linux and CentOS, some work may involve Windows, UNIX or Solaris.
- Works on the OpenStack releases to government systems, and supports the sustainment team, primarily with Linux and CentOS. Develops IaaS OpenStack Utility Cloud using the following (subject to change):
- REST APIs
- Web APIs
- MVC - style website design
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- In-depth Linus (Preferable CentOS) experience
- Experience developing using Python, SQL, BASH
- Experience with GIT, RPM/yum, DPKG/APT, Puppet
- Experience with OpenStack, IaaS, Cloud Computing, and PKI
- Very strong general system administration and network skills to include: performing Jumpstart/PXE boots, configuration of network interfaces and network bonding, familiar with network CIDR notation, knowledge of common Linux configuration files and how to configure, know different file system formats: ext4, xfs, familiar with connections to Enterprise storage systems via ISCSI and NFS, knows how to access servers though lights out management ports, familiar with Linux KVM commands, knows how to diagnose and troubleshoot servers with high load averages or network problems, knows how to use monitoring tools such as Nagios, familiar with configuration of grub boot loader, basic MySQL skills to query and update databases, know how to generate and deploy server certificates.
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP+ CE, GCIH, GCED, CCNP Security, CySA+, or GICSP. NOTE: the certification requirement must be completed before an individual can join the task.
- Must be available for on-call support.
- Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
- A Bachelor's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus ten (10) years of systems engineering experience.
- A High School Diploma or GED plus fourteen (14) years of general systems engineering experience (any process area).
- An Associate's degree in a Qualified field plus twelve (12) years f general system engineering experience (any process area).
- A Master's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eight (8) years of systems engineering experience.
- A PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eight (8) years of systems engineering experience.
Examples of Qualified Engineering fields include: Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management.
Examples of related disciplines include: Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics.
- In-depth Linux (CentOS) experience
- Software Integration experience
- A good understanding of the following: the STE/STN process and know the components and how to configure UAM, McAfee (Agent and Endpoint Security), TPAM, Jumpstreet. Also familiar with working with other Enterprise services such as PKI, CASPORT, McAfee, DNS, ActiveDirectory, Jumpstreet, TPAM (at least understand what those services provide). Should also understand a System Security Plan (SSP)
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Customizable health benefits packages
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Rewards program for high-performing employees
More Information on General Dynamics Information Technology
General Dynamics Information Technology operates in the Aerospace industry. The company is located in Falls Church, VA. General Dynamics Information Technology was founded in 2022. It has 21625 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 378 open jobs at General Dynamics Information Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description