Systems Engineer II at Uber
About the Role
We're looking for team players with natural IT intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. Our mission is to make Uber's team superhuman through our toolset, integrations, and platforms. You will work closely with a highly capable team of engineers, business systems analysts, and program managers to ensure Uber is achieving efficiency with ITEng's SaaS application portfolio.
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
As the ITEng - Systems Engineer on the Enterprise Applications Team, you will be instrumental in defining, executing, and maintaining SaaS applications and system standards for Uber employees worldwide. Your decisions will contribute to a user platform and experience that is extremely efficient, scalable, and reliable.
- Provide excellent application experience for both our end-users and support agents.
- Conduct regular maintenance of applications to ensure alignment with current business needs.
- Stay up to date on application enhancements and upgrades, and ensure the health of applications and integrations.
- Establish trust and strong relationships with senior leaders, operations managers, and professional staff across other organizational units.
- Identify the correct solution to meet business requirements with a mind toward security and a reduction of application overlap.
- Understand the cost of operating our systems, and develop solutions to optimize their use.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Act as system owner and ultimate escalation point for any tools/processes created, and troubleshoot system issues to isolate and diagnose problems for end users.
- Proactively create accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; operational training and support hand-off to peers/organizational units.
- Refine the strategy for administering the application portfolio, and improve the excellence of the team by identifying areas for improvement and leading through execution.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- 1+ years of experience in managing content and collaboration applications, such as: Adobe, Asana, Coda, Confluence, Figma, Jira, Slack, and Zendesk.
- Passion for driving SaaS application value to customers.
- Strong knowledge of maximizing application utilization through usage analysis and deprovisioning efforts.
- Have a history driving SaaS application implementation and termination initiatives.
- Experience consuming and parsing SaaS application API data for custom development, reporting, or integration purposes.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to give constructive feedback.
- Experience operationalizing and standardizing the support framework of applications at scale via the creation of high-quality technical documentation and the design of policies, processes, and procedures.
- Previously a member of a high-functioning, healthy team that performed one or more projects that impacted the entire company.
- Experience with content and project management tools that have been used successfully across large organizations.
---- Preferred Qualifications ----
- Experience with engaging vendors regarding critical issues, enhancements, and roadmaps.
- Knowledge of ITSM processes.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace administration.
- Experience driving M&A initiatives.
- Understanding of Software Asset Management's best practices.
- Knowledgeable of the Legal Hold process as it relates to SaaS administration and management.
- Appreciation for thorough implementation of a new solution, including gathering data, creating the proof-of-concept and validating that solution meets the business need.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.