At VSCO, our mission is to nurture creativity so you can make it. We are a leading photo and video editor with a library of 200+ premium quality presets and tools, an easy-to-use video editor, and a curated collection of photography of all genres, styles and aesthetics from our global community of talented creators. We are looking for humble overachievers and self-starters who are naturally curious, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, ambition, and progress.
- Be responsible for infrastructure stability and uptime, alongside our infrastructure team
- Participate in our on-call rotation responding to production issues
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design, implement, maintain and improve our infrastructure and tools
- Do code reviews and provide feedback on design documents and architectural decisions
- Help and guide our engineering teams with their infrastructure needs
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years applicable experience working in small dev teams
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving complex production issues, including network-related ones, as well as helping identify and prioritize their remediations
- Excellent communication skills: you are excited to explain complex systems and concepts to different types of audiences
- Experience leading technical architecture discussions and driving decisions within your team, as well as understanding the tradeoffs between different solutions
- Strong experience automating operational processes
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (or similar orchestration platforms)
- Experience with Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Experience with CI/CD, Jenkins and/or other automation tools
- Experienced with programming languages like Go, PHP, NodeJS, Java, Ruby, Python
Nice to have
- Experience with the Hashicorp tool suite (Vagrant, Terraform, Packer, Consul)
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with CDNs and caching best practices
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with tracing
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.