Staff Software Engineer (Fullstack), Agent Tooling at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Agent Tooling Engineering team is responsible for building customer self-service features as well as agent-facing platforms that integrate with nearly every system across Affirm. We are committed to using exciting new technologies and building powerful platforms. The goal of the team is to provide the best possible experience to customers while simultaneously reducing compliance risks and servicing costs. We invest in user experiences that educate and explain our product transparently and effectively, enabling our users to either self-serve or get direct help from our customer service agents.
We are looking for a highly motivated staff software engineer to join our team as we continue to build a better customer experience predicated on honesty and trust. The work will be challenging due to the speed at which the market is growing, and your work will directly impact the growth trajectory of the customer network.What You’ll Do
- Define technical vision and lead innovation of Affirm’s servicing platforms
- Architect solutions for complex projects and integrations between Affirm and 3rd party platforms
- Define standards of Site Reliability and develop solutions to monitor and maintain them
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Actively participates in making their team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring senior engineers.
- Experience with mentoring and coaching less experienced team members
- Expert in service-oriented architecture principles and best practices
- Experience working with asynchronous, event-driven systems
- Experience with Python3, Java/Kotlin, and React/Redux a plus
- Experience working with Kubernetes a plus
- Experience working with Scrum or other Agile methodologies
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.