Join VillageMD as a Staff Software Engineer
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation.
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Sraff Software Engineer to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
What are examples of work that Engineers have done at VillageMD?
- Created a clinical information-enriched application that facilitates a relationship with chronically ill patients who need care when outside the exam room
- Wrote high fidelity software that is readable, maintainable and scalable
- Developed solutions that integrate with external systems (Salesforce, EMRs, and payer systems)
What will make you successful here?
- A passion for problem solving, learning new stacks and tinkering with bleeding edge tech
- A vision to balance speed and maintainability while making build vs. buy decisions
- Unreal levels of accountability and a unique ability to prioritize work
- Focused on the ROI that the new software produces versus building features on a list
- Communicate large scale work and trade-offs to senior stakeholders and users alike
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for our custom-built, Salesforce-enabled workflow and engagement products, including configuration, development, integration and customization of complex solutions
- Manage teams that efficiently solve problems, reviewing/approving code and provide mentoring software design patterns
- Map out a big picture product vision, while striving to improve quality and velocity on the team
- 8+ years of system design and build experience with demonstrated success of commercializing the software produced
- Experience with a server-side language that is not Node (Java, Python, C#, or Ruby)
- Background in utilizing and integrating 3rd party integrations and application libraries with strict security requirements
- Skilled at building cost effective, high productivity teams regardless of physical location
- Proficient SQL skills
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple partners
- Experience using version control systems such as Git and Bitbucket
- BS/MS in computer science, math, engineering, or related field
- Full-time Salesforce engineering experience is a huge plus
- An understanding of clinical and financial healthcare data
- Experience working with relational databases that are not SQL Server
- Prior involvement in an enterprise-grade, custom built application on Salesforce.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For Colorado Residents only: The base compensation range for this role is $150,000 to $180,000. At VillageMD, compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, etc. This role may be eligible for annual/quarterly bonus incentives (if applicable), and the selected candidate will be eligible for a valuable company benefits plan, including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and access to a 401k plan with company match.