Staff Software Engineer - Docs (1241) at Cloudbees (Remote)
CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.WHY THIS ROLE
CloudBees is hiring a Senior Software Engineering - Technical Lead to develop our next-generation solutions!
This is an excellent opportunity to join CloudBees product development team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical product managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within an innovative and progressive technology company.
In this role as a senior software engineer, you will guide a small team of highly talented individuals in performing software development activities to extend a modern "documentation as code" system for CloudBees product training requirements.
This team is focusing on extending our existing documentation system to meet the growing demands of our expansion. This is a great opportunity to develop systems that provide for rapid innovation across all CloudBees product teams, while having a huge impact on customer use of our platform.WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead projects and develop systems for other team members to use. You are an engineer with full-stack development experience taking ideas from concept to production. You will be part of an engineering team comprising front-end, back-end, and full-stack software engineers doing agile development.THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
…a technical expert. Advocating for technical best practices while delivering innovative, evolutionary software is the most important part of this role. You should have a proven track record in delivering software products from ideation to market to maintenance.
- Implement solutions and propose your own solutions for technical problems.
- Know what needs to be done, and do it or ensure it gets done. You will successfully context switch between projects and produce high performing results.
- Assist with defining development standards for the team and make suggestions of areas to improve high performance.
- Advocate and implement modern software development practices, Lean and Agile thinking.
- Stay abreast of relevant tools, technologies, and development practices
- Serve as an escalation point for technical issues, concerns, conflicts.
- Model creative thinking and innovation and find creative ways to grow the business. You will proactively solicit alternative ideas, thoughts and opinions.
- Evaluate technical feasibility - whether the product/capability can be built well, in a timely manner, leveraging the right skills and technology
…decisive, accountable, a good communicator. You will regularly take part in deep-dive sessions to translate organization vision and strategy into action and goals. You take end-to-end responsibility for the design, architecture and efficient high quality delivery of multiple major components.
- Shape the vision and goals for the software team. Translate organizational vision and strategy into action.
- Make decisions on day-to-day work that impact team and project short term success.
- Mentor others and provide technical guidance.
- Network with key contacts across the organization to solve complex business issues within their functional area.
- Maintain a customer focus and become a strong contributor to the overall success of the business which involves ensuring that all aspects of the company put its customers' satisfaction first.
- Facilitate the conditions that allow the team to be successful.
- Facilitate communication and empower members to self-optimize their processes.
- Represent the team in our weekly scrum of scrums.
.. a strong technical leader. The successful candidate will help to create delivery targets for the team and to continue to increase efficiency. Experience with Agile methodologies is an advantage.
- Collaborate and influence others inside and outside their team. Coach the “how-tos” of the profession of software development.
- Present new ideas and techniques for solving problems and increasing productivity. You will take the initiative to independently research new ideas and methods for improving the execution of work at the organizational level.
- Plan and organize the development tasks and stories for the project and team members. You will lead, guide and monitor the analysis, design of architecture, implementation and execution of features.
- Provide direct supervision of others and to assist other team members with activities as the demands dictate while keeping your commitments to the team.
- Inspire an atmosphere of feedback, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
- This position reports to the Engineering Manager of the Documentation Platform and will play a key role in delivering our next-generation solution for DevOps to our customers.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in full stack software development with high proficiency in problem solving
- 3+ years of experience with our tech stack or equivalent: Kubernetes, Docker, Node (TypeScript), React / NextJS (this is a very wide range of skills - we do not expect candidates to be super stars in all areas!)
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools, DevOps culture, and site reliability engineering concepts
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in working on SaaS products
- 5+ years of experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to production
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of software development, project management, quality assurance, and customer advocacy
- Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile empowered environment and ability to work autonomously
- Ability to innovate in a fast-paced industry
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
- Meets/exceeds CloudBees functional skills requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds CloudBees leadership skills requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds CloudBees foundational skills requirements for this role
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.