We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer to architect and build sustainable, scalable cloud-native solutions to meet the needs of several key business areas- content creation, management, and delivery. You’ll interact with a variety of applications, ranging from PHP monoliths to microservices, written in modern object-oriented languages (i.e. Java), so versatility is important. This is an opportunity to join a customer-focused, scaling organization who truly cares about its people and their personal development. Join us as we extend and scale our marketing platform!
What your day could consist of:
- Architect scalable, cloud-native applications leveraging technologies like Java SpringBoot/Micronaut
- Measure, optimize, and re-architect production systems as they reach their current limits
- Evangelize best practices in software architecture, observability, and integration patterns
- Partner with our platform engineering teams to ensure our teams have the right tools for deploying, operating, and monitoring their services
- Build, test, and ship features confidently and with low friction through a modern GitLab continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline
- Work closely with your autonomous, cross-functional team
What is needed:
- 10+ years of industry experience, preferably working with Java and SpringBootStrong experience with data pipelines & datastores like kafka, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB
- Experience with GraphQL, additional NoSQL datastores is a plusRelentless focus on our customer’s experience
- Familiarity with with leveraging monitoring tools, such as New Relic and Datadog
- Experience delivering highly-scalable, containerized services hosted in AWS; Kubernetes experience is a plus
- Mastery of enterprise integration patterns and asynchronous communication
- Understanding of different types of data stores and appropriate use cases for eachExperience implementing CI/CD and managing infrastructure as code
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion for mentoring and educating fellow engineers through pairing and code reviews
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 600+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions. We have been ranked #4 Best Place to Work on Built In Chicago in 2021, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Career growth including access to personal and professional coaching through Udemy
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.