Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
The Buyer team helps consumers purchase a home—either an Opendoor home or a home listed on the MLS (homes not owned by Opendoor). They build delightful products that give customers an edge in winning the home of their dreams. The organization consists of product teams who work closely with product managers, designers, user researchers, and data scientists to experiment and deliver new features to buyers.
Team(s) in Buyer Looking for Team Members include:
The Buy+Sell team builds Opendoor Complete, delivering convenience, certainty, and seamlessness for customers who are both buying and selling with Opendoor. Be a part of the team driving the critical experience of creating a seamless and simple move for our customers.
- Define and build our long-term data models and system architecture components that properly represent the complexities of our customer journey
- Collaborate with various engineering teams and product managers to understand their needs and enable them to plug-in their consumer-facing features into our platform
- Mentor backend and frontend engineers in the team in system design, technical decisions and technical project management
- Contribute to all phases of software development cycle - ideation, build and release - with a bias towards action but consideration for long-term maintainability and scalability
- Partner with your engineering manager and product manager to define our roadmap and champion technical excellence in our team and beyond
- A track record of approximately 8+ years building and delivering production quality software systems
- Excellent communication skills: Clear written and oral communication is important to our ability to operate as a remote team and in building our relationship with our cross-functional partners
- Strong engineering fundamentals: We don’t require knowledge of specific languages or technologies; instead we value transferable experience writing & debugging code, scaling existing services, and designing/architecting software systems
- Strong sense of ownership and customer empathy: Our mission is to create a seamless customer experience; understanding the intricacies of the customer journey and being proactive about doing right by our customers is critical to our success.
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $137,000 to $248,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description