Staff Site Reliability, Cloud Ops Engineer - ST-CO at Zscaler
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.Job Description
- Design and deploy various customer facing Linux and BSD based systems infrastructures
- Create and deploy scalable monitoring systems for massively growing global infrastructure
- Architect and implement various cloud management automations
- Contribute to OS packaging and distribution
- Write, augment and maintain Ops documentations
- Resolve NOC escalations and help prevent reiteration of those incidents by creating NOC processes, procedures and automations
- Linux/UNIX system engineering (create and support highly scalable compute solutions)
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement desired solutions providing best practice advice to other teams to optimize Zscaler Cloud effectiveness.
- Act as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices with Cloud Development Groups, Configuration Management and NOC
- Work as a member of a cross-functional project team contributing to the technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility
- 8+ years of experience in a Linux/UNIX System Administration or lead DevOps role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving computer systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Go, Python, or Perl
Preferred Qualifications/Your Background:
- Comfort and experience with Ops environment growing at a rapid scale
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Hands on experience with immutable infrastructure and using infrastructure as code tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar
- Knowledge of Virtualization, OpenStack, Cloud Architecture and Services, Automated Deployments, API, Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong background in Linux/Unix system administration
- Excellent scripting skills and experience (Bash & Python/Perl) (Python preferred)
- Experience maintaining and deploying systems and software in diverse environments
- Strong understanding of web security and protocols HTTP, SSL/TLS, DNS, SQL Network fundamentals DHCP, ARP, Subnetting, Routing, NAT, Firewalls, IPv4 and IPv6
- Rich DevOps skills across CI/CD, SCM, Static Code Analyzer, Builds and Releases, Continuous Integration Tools and frameworks (e.g. SVN, GIT, Jenkin, BitBucket, etc)
- Knowledge of advanced networking technologies and services including SDN, NFV, SDWAN, MPLS, BGP routing, switching, VXLANs, and architectures is a definite plus
- Ability to deliver results and work cross-functionally. Ability to engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.