Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is a platform that both celebrates and benefits from our user's creativity, and we're working on a new canvas for them to paint with. Tens of thousands of developers are already building against our API, but we can do so much more.
The Developer Platform team's goal is to allow communities to find and install Apps that completely customize & transform members' experiences and interactions. Everything's on the table, including comment sorting, custom post types, and more. Many communities will become immersive, game-like experiences.
There's many low-hanging fruit: r/photoshopbattles should have an image gallery, so you don't have to click your way down the comments. r/nba should have live-updating scores. Meme generators should be everywhere. r/wallstreetbets should have stock tickers. Comments should rank people you interact with higher. Subreddits should be easy to theme.
But there's also opportunities for exploration and weirdness. What does reddit-style fantasy football look like? Did you lose The Game?
This vision takes everyone on Reddit working together. The Developer Platform team will be building core platform capabilities that will allow us to reach for this vision.
What We’re Working On
- Building multi-tenant APIs for storage, pubsub, schedulers, and orchestration.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
- Building a platform that is highly available, low on latency, and at internet scale.
What We Can Expect From You
- Likely 7+ years of industry experience, preferably in backend, infrastructure, developer tools, or app platforms.
- You've made significant contributions to a technically complex system, such as a database, container orchestration system, etc and can explain your contributions in detail.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully-remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- This is an architect-level role, but please expect to code 60%+ of the time.
- Compiler toolchain experience, especially LLVM
- Kubernetes contributions
- You've been a part of a team that has differentiated on developer experience, such as Heroku, Vercel, etc.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].