Senior Technology Architect, Enterprise Integrations - Bangalore
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise System Engineering and Architecture the Senior Technology Architect is a multidisciplinary role that designs, architect, develops, and maintains Toast’s enterprise applications and surrounding integration solutions. The Enterprise Integration team is focussed on building scalable, flexible and secure architectures to ensure our enterprise technology and processes can scale with the rapidly growing business. This is a unique time to join Toast as we invest in getting to our next stage of growth in supporting many customer segments, product lines and markets. The role requires taking technical ownership of various enterprise projects, working side-by-side with stakeholders across Toast(with teams in engineering, marketing, customer success, finance, etc..) solving complex problems focussed on improving experience across the customer journey. The role exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
As a Technology Architect you will:
- Hands-on contributions in designing, building, reviewing, debugging, configuring, integrating, monitoring, documenting, and maintaining - high performance, flexible, and highly scalable enterprise applications
- Collaborate with functional and business leadership to ensure balance between short- and long-term goals for the Enterprise Architecture team. Work closely with solution architects in the team to provide enterprise solutions that align with the needs of our businesses.
- Architect, plan and execute enterprise projects with robust solutions to complex problems across multiple platforms like Salesforce, Netsuite, etc..
- Assess current state enterprise architecture and advise on future state in alignment with scalability, flexibility and security goals. Identification and implementation of innovation opportunities leveraging technology capabilities
- Work with multiple technologies to design and implement new solutions and processes to support new customer experience strategies.
- Collaborate with project and/or product teams on functional and technical design activities to ensure alignment of detailed designs with the approved solution architecture.
- Review design, code, deployment plans and other technical aspects of large scale projects to ensure that technical implementation meets functional requirements, as well as our high standards for code quality and testing.
- Contribute to standards and processes to support enterprise architecture for Toast’s Enterprise Applications and Technology.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 3+ years’ experience in a Solutions Architect, Technical Architect or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of multiplatform solutions
- Ability to navigate challenges and solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to have confident techno-functional conversations with cross functional teams across departments, advising and addressing concerns around architecture
- Experience in performing end to end assessment of architecture, platforms, tools from a technical perspective, and delivering future state solutions which are able to scale with the business.
- Strong concepts of performance optimizations and best practices for scalable platforms/architectures
- Knowledge of tools and technologies to deliver testable, maintainable, and modern solutions
- Concepts of data manipulation and distribution. Knowledge of Governance, Compliance(SOX, PCI, ASC606, etc..) and Data Privacy concepts and regulations
- 3+ years of application programming and troubleshooting (i.e. Java/J2EE, jUnit, RUBY, SQL, PostgreSQL)
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt):
- Experience with System Integrations, APIs & Connectors, Middlewares, ETL/APIs, Data Lakes, Cloud Data Warehouse e.g. Snowflake etc.
- Experience with Salesforce or CRMs, Oracle Netsuite or ERPs, Zuora RevPro or Revenue Recognition platforms, WMS,
- Understanding of Master Data Management Concepts
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.