Zoro offers millions and millions of products - an endless aisle with everything you need to run your business. We offer fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We've grown quickly in a short time and are continuing to do so while aggressively growing our revenue. We are excited to be a part of an award-winning culture - we have been named a Great Place to Work for multiple years in a row, among other local and national accolades. We think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow, and think you will too!
We now want to scale our secret recipe which is why we need talented folks like you to help us provide a world-class customer experience by developing and delivering game-changing digital solutions.
Zoro Engineering is embarking on an exciting journey to build core engineering competencies that will enable us to make 100s of targeted releases daily, delighting our customers and giving them the best experience possible. Our engineering team is composed of a talented group of front-end, back-end, and full-stack engineers. We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our team of gifted developers and begin your journey of unleashing your true potential.
Constant improvements to zoro.com are delivered by our product teams. You will be on a high performing agile team with approximately 4-6 software engineers as well as a dedicated tech lead, product owner, and architect. Ideally we are looking for engineers who are well rounded in building scalable applications but that doesn't mean we won't provide an environment that'll help you grow.
Your objective will be to build and support robust tools and applications that support our business. To be successful in this role you must be the kind of software engineer who can produce fast, space and memory efficient code. We have endless data being shipped around between applications, and we cannot afford to fall behind. We don't care if you taught yourself, attended a boot camp, or have a Computer Science degree; we care that you know your stuff. This means you have superb software engineering fundamentals, produce thoughtfully designed code that is reliable and maintainable. All of that is meaningless without thorough testing, of course. We're looking for engineers that are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills that will continue to make a difference as Zoro takes the next step forward.
- Identifies need and leads refactoring of existing applications
- Leads the design and development of POCs with new technologies for investment
- Understands and communicates design principles
- Master of multiple technical domains
- Contributes to and leads research and innovation efforts
- Expert resource for engineers
- Interacts comfortably with senior leadership
- Seeks out and develops engineers, broadening their expertise in multiple areas and disciplines
- Graduate degree in Computer Science desirable, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience
- 9+ years' experience as a software engineer
- Experience leading the development of enterprise-scale, multi-tiered web applications
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining advanced continuous integration and build systems
- Experience being the subject matter expert on various technologies in addition to a core language
- Mastery in multiple technical domains (threading, queuing, databases, messaging,...etc)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, RabbitMQ among others
- Experience with Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL and Redis
- Experience with a cloud framework preferably AWS or GCP
- Experience in coordinating the release of features and working with the Product Owner
- Experience in planning the work of other team members and scheduling releases.
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture:
We share a commitment to our Zoro values - Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and AspireClojure to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is dedicated to fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented, and all team members can be confident that their experiences and perspectives are valued. Zoro aims to empower all employees to learn about, raise awareness, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions. Zoro is a place where everyone can learn, grow and thrive.
We recognize the courage and effort it takes to apply for your next opportunity. We also recognize that there is rarely such thing as a perfect candidate. Even if you do not meet every qualification, we still encourage you to apply -- we do not want to miss out on meeting the next person who could emerge as a key contributor to our business and culture.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.