Sr. Software Engineer (Chicago, IL)
Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In's top places to work in 2023, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
The Opportunity: As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll make highly visible enhancements to our platform by maintaining and building new features across our Core Java applications. Our teams work with a variety of applications that enable our ability to sell tickets, manage inventory, support our internal users, and provide a great customer experience from the website to the box office.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Help set the direction of the design and development of the backend systems powering our B2C Marketplace.
- Develop innovative solutions that give Vivid Seats a competitive advantage, encourage team members, and champion technology improvements for your delivery team.
- Work cross functionally in Agile development teams that deploy to AWS production environments on demand, multiple times a day.
- Tackle some of the most difficult challenges scaling an e-commerce marketplace by developing creative algorithms and features that maximize value and efficiency across the organization.
- Partner with a team of Product Owners, Quality Engineers, and Engineers to deliver exceptional software, showcasing your work at the end each work cycle.
- Implement your expertise for best practices in design patterns, code quality, testing, and innovation to keep our commitment of always putting our customers first.
How your role expectations will progress as a Job Title in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Develop basic understanding of applications, tech stack, and development process.
90 days in
- Contribute to our approaches, methods, or technologies to support overall business goals and drive team efficiencies.
- Maintain, harvest and aid internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Contribute to team planning, estimations, and design sessions.
- Delivery of stable and scalable front-end code for our inhouse marketing platform.
180 days in
- Apply methods to execute individual tasks that positively impacts the team.
- Play an active role in continued learnings to advance skill sets necessary for team goals.
- Have self-sufficiency in all applications touched by the team.
- Actively contributes into larger team and engineering group objectives.
- Produce and deliver clean, correct code that drives team and company tech goals forward.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years developing Web based, Distributed and Multi-Tier architecture using Java/J2EE or other major platforms (Python, Scala, Clojure, etc.)
- Experience designing, building and testing web services and APIs.
- Strong knowledge of Spring, REST, Service Oriented Architecture, OAuth, Basic Authentication and PCI.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into high-level designs and act as a subject matter expert in software design, architecture, implementation, deployment and support across our full platform.
- Proficient in SQL and relational database modeling.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives and equity for all employees; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.
Location: Chicago, IL
We believe in a hybrid working model which provides employees the flexibility to take advantage of in-person and remote collaboration. Check out our brand new HQ office, bursting with the energy of live events fandom and the vibrancy of Chicago’s rising tech scene.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.