Sr. Software Engineer I - DreamCatcher (San Diego, CA)
| San Diego, CA
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Epsilon C5I (www.epsilonsystems.com/c5i), focused on software development and systems engineering for complex command, control, intelligence and combat systems, is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer I, with 6-8+ or more years of experience, for work in San Diego, CA. Our engineering efforts provide the warfighter with common enterprise solutions to improve information sharing and combat effectiveness. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment read on!Summary:Our ONR software team employs an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, and integrate capabilities into a mature Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution. Work includes developing and integrating applications that provision and configure loosely coupled systems and capabilities which can be reused, discovered, and linked to build mission threads.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, debug, and test software to create data models and perform weapons pairing optimization
- Participate in a highly collaborative team environment, contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle using Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline (e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Engineering)
- 6 to 8 (six to eight or more) years of professional experience involving Software Design, Development, Test, and Evaluation
- Hands on experience with Object Oriented Programming Languages (Java, C++)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with backend development
- Design and develop APIs/REST services
- Interface with external APIs
- Design and interface with databases
- Ability to obtain US Security Clearance (Interim SECRET or above)
- Ability to work individually and on team projects in an environment of teamwork and cooperation.
- Effective written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements, all applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Pursuant to the Executive Order 14042 on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates must be able to provide proof they have received the COVID 19 vaccine and are considered fully vaccinated. Requests for an accommodation due to a medical or religious reason can be made by contacting Human Resources.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems in a RedHat/Microsoft mixed infrastructure environment.
- Experience with Virtual Machines, RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), AWS, and Containers.
- Experience or interest in Big Integer Problem Solving and Machine Learning
- Experience with Scripting and Deployment Languages (Python, Bash, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience with DevOps pipeline tools and technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Familiarity with relational and NoSQL database technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL, Elastic, DynamoDB, Accumulo)
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
- Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy.
- Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding).
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and move at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation, if required.
More Information on Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Diego, CA, National City, CA, Ridgecrest, CA and Portsmouth, VA. Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. was founded in 1998. It has 601 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K). To see all 121 open jobs at Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc., click here.
Read Full Job Description