Sr Software Engineer, Core Infrastructure (New York City, NY)
- Contribute to or lead a significant part of the implementation and deployment of control plane software to the Disney Origin, Midtier, and Edge infrastructure.
- Apply principled engineering practices including unit testing, integration testing, continuous integration and, by your example, lead others in your team to do likewise.
- Develop your technical understanding to support and build your career.
- Act as a mentor and an example to others in your team and across the organization.
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience.
- 5+ years linux development and administration experience.
- Python or equivalent scripting language experience required.
- Bash, Lua scripting experience.
- Salt / Ansible configuration management tools.
- Database experience - Redis, SQL or Nosql database experience required
- Familiarity with the concepts of Networking and web technologies (TCP, HTTP/S, common web server experience - Apache, Nginx, Varnish, Apache Traffic Server)
- Familiarity with the concepts of load balancing (Reverse/Forward Proxies, Netscaler, F5, Nginx)
- Familiarity with video streaming technologies (HLS/DASH) preferred
Additional Information :
Location: New York, NY; or Remote.