Sr Cloud Engineer at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
This team manages, administers, and supports the Strategic Development Datacenters and segmented development labs (SDL) for FIS. This consists of a hybrid cloud infrastructure spanning both FIS owned data center facilities in Milwaukee and Little Rock, as well as our public cloud providers (Azure, AWS and GCP). We manage the physical, virtual and public cloud infrastructures across all platforms and services related to development operations within those platforms. Our team utilizes Infrastructure as Code practices and is at the forefront of technological transformation at FIS.
What you will be doing:
The Senior Cloud Software Engineer researches, designs, develops, tests, evaluates, and maintains systems in the Cloud. This individual provides technical Cloud leadership, along with others, to the entire company.
- Formulate and design cloud-based information systems
- Analyze Cloud requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Consult with others to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall Cloud technology system
- Plan and design migration paths from legacy systems to cloud infrastructure including but not limited to container platforms
- Deploys software to Cloud computing infrastructure and works with system configuration and deployment automation technologies, working with ETL tools and techniques
- Performs implementation, operational support, maintenance, and optimization of network hardware, software, and communication links of the cloud infrastructure
- Leverages software development and open source solutions to automate tasks required to enable and manage an organization's products and/or services
- Resolves complex problems, creates and improves procedures, and facilitates communication
- Researches and writes technical documentation that is beneficial to the organization
- Provides oversight of hosted systems, databases, applications as a service, and network troubleshooting, and provides various technical solutions to the business
What you bring:
- Must have a bachelor's degree in a discipline such as Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Must have 7+ years of experience
- Must have experience with continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD), preferably Azure, AWS, or Google toolset
- Must have experience with container and orchestration technology
- Must have a working knowledge of SAML, OAUTH 2.0 or similar security protocols
- Must have strong analytical, communication and Excel skills
Added bonus if you have:
- Familiarity with cloud products such as S3/Storage Accounts, Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift
- Familiarity with RDBMS and NoSQL database technology
What we offer you:
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.