What You Will Do
- Solution Ideation and Requirements Gathering
- Uses active listening techniques to clarify and articulate business needs
- Collaborates with business partners to align service or product solutions with Ascension Technologies' capacity to deliver
- Applies knowledge of the business strategy, goals, and processes to identify technology services that can address the business needs
- Shapes business partner demand for IT services to more fully utilize the current service portfolio, when applicable
- Facilitates comparisons between unique business partner requirements and available solutions in the existing service catalog
- Engages enterprise architect(s) and domain architect(s) in order to understand potential alternatives (e.g., new design standards) to meet unique business requirements while complying with long term architectural roadmaps
- Assists with the development of cost estimates, business cases and TCO models
Solution Design, Build and Deploy
- Uses technical knowledge to direct the design and build of the solution architecture, considering current technology platforms and standards, obsolescent solutions and emerging technologies
- Understands methods and practices for solution development in order to support holistic technical requirements for the solution, inclusive of configuration, security, and quality with Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and/or 3rd party vendors
- Retains knowledge of prior solution deployments and lessons learned to effectively recommend appropriate design and build solutions
- Develops High Level Design (HLD) based on existing domain architecture standards and/or agreed upon deviations from enterprise architect(s) and domain architect(s)
- Conducts design peer reviews with EA, DA, Service Delivery Manager (for day 2 operations), security and other impacted teams
- Oversees and approves Low Level Design (LLD) development by MSPs / 3rd party vendors and ensures that it aligns with the HLD and underlying intent
- Understands and facilitates the architectural review process (e.g., ARB) for discussions regarding the need to deviate from standards
- Works collaboratively with the business engagement teams and service delivery personnel to ensure that technical solutions are cohesive and support the business needs while integrating all necessary solution components to effect the desired change
- Serves as the primary client-facing technical solution resource to describe as necessary the solution components required to meet business objectives
- Understands and follows corporate architectural guidelines, standards and policies (e.g., security, risk, etc.)
- Provides oversight and approval of MSPs / 3rd party vendors testing plans and procedures in relation to validation of integrated system components
- Facilitates interactions between MSPs / 3rd party vendors and internal service delivery team as necessary for technical support related to transition of changes into production
- Recommends IT enterprise strategy and policy decisions for the organization to consider based on sound business and strategic rationale
- Provides guidance and advice to the leadership team to support strategic decision-making
- Recommends tools that are required to support the service tower/domain for monitoring and measurement of metrics and compliance with service levels, or user expectations
- Evaluates trends and recommends business advantages for adopting emerging technologies to enterprise architect(s), domain architect(s) and service tower leadership
- Stays abreast with technology trends and internal IT architecture standards
- Communicates and interacts effectively at various levels of the organization including senior leadership, business stakeholders and technical subject matter experts
- Facilitates resolution of issues through creative solutioning, open exchange of information and viewpoints and influence; uses negotiation skills when appropriate
- Writes clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles while tailoring the messaging based on audience
- Builds trust and respect with key stakeholders and gains support for change
- Demonstrates proactive behaviors and self-management techniques, including but not limited to, working efficiently, demonstrating adaptability and setting goals
- Brings appropriate individuals together to accomplish business objectives; facilitate access to critical competencies; knows who to call/involve
- Demonstrates "big picture thinking" and ability to see how individual parts interact and fit into the whole picture
- Demonstrates ability to think outside the box to develop new ideas, concepts and solutions to meet new requirements, unarticulated needs or existing needs
Qualifications: Education and Work Experience
- Clinical Imaging technology experience (radiology, cardiology, etc.) required
- BS in Computer science, engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, designing and deploying technical solutions in a large-scale complex environment
- 3+ years of experience as a Solution Architect preferred
- Possess breadth of knowledge and experience in multiple domains of information systems (e.g., servers, storage, database, middleware, application technologies, networking, security)
- Healthcare provider industry experience is preferred
Complexity of Work
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.