SQL Developer at TransUnion (Remote)
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we're - consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
What You'll Bring:
- Experience with relational databases and SQL development
- Microsoft T-SQL skills
- Solid understanding of ETL concepts
- Proficient in standard business and database software including: MS Office and SSMS
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to converse with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, and a high aptitude for problem solving.
- Able to work as a team player with SQL Developers, Application Developers, Database administrators and operational personnel.
- Effectively prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative, and work independently with minimal supervision.
We'd love to see:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar concentration
- More than 3 years hands-on experience
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- FinTech experience
- Experience with AWS or other cloud provider technologies and platforms.
- Washington DC metro area or US Eastern Time Zone
Impact You'll Make:
The SQL Developer will write SQL queries to validate, process, store, sort, and retrieve a range of data. The role requires being a quick thinker, highly organized, and able to troubleshoot any number of issues that can come up during the day-to-day operations.
Key Projects // Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate business data and recommend appropriate analytic approaches/strategies to achieve stated objectives.
- Provide statistical analysis to develop, test, and optimize databases to their full potential.
- Assist in testing efforts for database use.
- Coordinate with other departments to update and integrate processes as necessary.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure integration and performance expectations are met as well as allow for future flexibility to meet changing business needs.
- Independently analyze and correct issues in real time, providing end-to-end problem resolution.
- As needed, perform or advise on day-to-day operations (includes monitoring and maintenance, problem investigation and resolution, backup creation and maintenance, database optimization and tuning, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Acquisition Exempt, Acquired Associate