Solutions Engineering Manager at Akash Network (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:53 p.m. (CST) on Monday, July 11, 2022
Looking to contribute to Web3? Akash Network is the world’s first decentralized peer-to-peer marketplace for cloud compute.
Join the team that is providing infrastructure to power the next generation of the Internet. We envision a world where cloud compute is permissionless, sovereign, and open. Our global team includes renowned open-source, cloud, and blockchain developers, as well as seasoned experts from leading technology companies.
We are a distributed and growing team. You will find more ownership, flexibility, and freedom at Akash than at other companies. We offer a competitive salary, remote work, unlimited vacation, and unparalleled growth opportunities at the intersection of blockchain, crypto, cloud and Web3.
As the Solutions Engineering Manager, you will understand Akash.Network inside and out. You will own the internal Business Development pipeline by prioritizing, analyzing, and developing new leads with a relentless focus on delivering value and process improvement. Over time you will help build out a team of Solutions Engineers who will support the growth and adoption of Akash Network through new use cases, new tooling, audience segments, strategic relationships and partnerships.
Your Sphere of Impact
- Develop and own the strategic plan for each market segment, which includes partner alignment within our ecosystem (i.e. decentralized cloud solutions like storage, DNS and data centers)
- Help partners looking to decentralize their cloud infrastructure on Akash Network (Polygon, Avalanche, Solana, Near Protocol, Ethereum)
- Review partner and community feedback, investigate possible product issues, and work with different stakeholders to resolve them
- Become a subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in Engineering, Marketing, and Support organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles, improve experience and increase visibility of Akash Network and additional tooling
- Execute go-to-market and routes-to-market plans that have clear and measurable ROI
- Work collaboratively within the organization to drive new solutions to market with our product management and ecosystem partners
- Qualify and source new partnership opportunities
- Assist with technical and onboarding documentation
- Deliver superb customer service while managing and following through on inbound opportunities
- Contribute to a positive team environment and proactively help team members meet and exceed team KPI’s, quality standards, and goals
- Help team understand how to assess value of opportunity and scope of work
- Run benchmarks to determine cost vs profitability
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science/Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 8+ years of professional software development (Kubernetes, GoLang, NextJs)
- 2-5 years of Business Development experience in software industry
- You possess an innate curiosity, are a strong advocate for the best engineering practices and thrive on learning new technologies
- You take a pragmatic approach to developing clean solutions to complex problems
- Comfortable with demoing products, tooling and integrations
- Data driven, demonstrating good working knowledge of metrics, KPIs and SLAs with the ability to put them to practice and deliver results
- Strong analytical ability, a true problem solver
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility, empathy, and is happy to let their performance do the talking
- Mentoring abilities are highly valued in this role
- Strong communication skills, specifically giving and receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
- Ability to stay communicative while working remotely and asynchronously
- Understanding of Web 3 ecosystem
- Experience with Open Source Ecosystem
About Akash Network
Akash Network is the world's first distributed peer-to-peer marketplace for cloud compute that provides a fast, efficient, and low-cost deployment solution. Utilizing containerization and open-source technology, Akash Network is capable of leveraging the 85% of underutilized cloud capacity in 8+ million data centers worldwide, enabling anyone to buy and sell compute. Developers leveraging Akash Network can access cloud compute at a fraction of the cost compared to centralized cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and Alibaba.
More Information on Akash Network
Akash Network operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Akash Network was founded in 2015. It has 78 total employees. To see all 2 open jobs at Akash Network, click here.
Read Full Job Description