Solutions Architect at MassMutual (Boston, MA or Remote)
Full-time, Springfield, MA (remote options)
As part of the Marketing Technology team, Solution Architects are key leaders focused on enabling the development and roll-out of world-class modern marketing capabilities at Mass Mutual. This role sits at the intersection of marketing strategy and technology, partnering with teams responsible for platforms that leverage world-class technology to create personalized, relevant, data-driven experiences using our Marketing Technology stack inclusive of Customer Data Platforms (CDP), Content Management System(CMS), Sales Enablement Platform, Personalization engines, Campaign Management tools (email, SMS, push notifications, and in-vehicle notifications), AdTech, and other tools to create meaningful experiences for our customers.
The mission of the Marketing Capabilities and Technology Team is to leverage a combined deep understanding of business processes, technical patterns, and business knowledge to provide technical vision and guidance that enable the strategies, roadmaps and initiatives across Marketing Technology.
In this role, you'll be responsible for partnering with Enterprise Architecture and development teams to help define and maintain the target operating model for delivery, patterns and help build a set of tools or technologies across either Customer Data, Campaign or Experience Activation, or Advertising Technology and focus on how they integrate into the rest of the Marketing Technology (MarTech) stack. You will leverage best-practices in solution design, patterns, architectural practices, and technology standards to deliver modern marketing tools with an eye towards a closed-loop data-driven ecosystem across the customer lifecycle. You'll work with cross functional teams like engineering, marketing, privacy, and loyalty to help create a cohesive tactical plan and strategic roadmap. You'll work in partnership with the Marketing Operations leads to align on vision, strategy, and planning.
What success looks like:
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture to define and maintain the target operating model for delivery, including technologies, tools, and patterns
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture to further the strategic vision and application roadmaps
- Partner with Development Teams to translate architecture to design/code-level execution
- Serve as the technical liaison between MassMutual business partners, industry vendors, and marketing partners, while working very closely with both business and technical stakeholders
- Identify end-to-end technical solutions based on business needs that utilize a service-based architecture incorporating API's and Events for decoupling Digital and Backend application services.
- Capture future state technology vision in actionable, context-specific roadmaps
- Partner directly with the specific technology subject matter experts and technical leads to ensure architecture standards are adopted and solutions are aligned with enterprise Technology stacks.
- Architect Solutions are designed as reusable components (API's/ Microservices) that compose an overall solution that's flexible, scalable, performant, and providing excellent user experience.
- Accountable for implementation of cross-functional solution architecture of all technologies in the Marketing Technology stack
- Understand and proactively assess the current state of the technology and identify gaps and overlaps
- Ensure technologies are optimized, recommending investments and rationalization and if necessary, conducts technology assessment and selection
- Possess deep industry understanding and a point-of-view of the services provided, and the technologies/products used in the industry in order to effectively make decisions on product usage and investment at MassMutual
What your days and weeks will include:
- Architecture/ Design Decisions & Technology Evaluations
- Industry Trends, Research, POC, Tools
- Creation and/or contributing to governed architecture artifacts, including Solutions, Decisions, Strategies and Roadmaps.
- Design & Code Reviews
- Test Plan Reviews
- Production Support Transition Reviews
- Hands-on collaboration with Development team
- Attend and contribute to Architecture & Design Roundtables and Architecture Review Board meetings Project Team Meetings, status, planning, requirement reviews, etc.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with either Campaign Management, Customer Data Platforms, Content Management, Advertising Technology, Personalization Engines as a Solution or business architect is required
- In-depth knowledge of modern campaign marketing software, ESP, SMS, and leading tools, along with a solid understanding of Marketing Technology (MarTech) and Advertising Technology (AdTech)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Marketing and Sales related business processes and technologies
- Minimum of 7 years development experience, capable of designing and implementing complex solutions
- Experience in AWS cloud application design, development, and deployment
- Experience with event streaming and web service protocols like SOAP, REST, JSON or Kafka
- Experience with data development, including database design, modeling, ETL and scheduling
- Experience architecting, designing, and deploying complex technology, with an eye towards automation, simplicity, and rationalization
- Skilled leading and/or participating in system design and architectural activities including technical requirement writing experience and ability to lead collaboration sessions for important design reviews and decisions.
- Proven experience succeeding in complex, matrix and cross-functional projects
- Ability to personally deliver large scale initiatives in a fast-paced environment with high levels of complexity and ambiguity
- Experience and comfort managing indirect teams; scrums, agile cross functional teams, vendor stakeholders
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team-based environment including employees, vendors and third-party contractors
- Ability to inspire, influence and collaborate across a wide range of constituents across functions and organizational levels
- Excellent mentoring skills and the desire to contribute to efforts beyond the scope of the day-to-day project work
- Knowledge of insurance data, marketing data and /or financial data
- Innovative thinking to approach challenges from multiple fronts, and ability to think outside the box
- Willing to take action and enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
The Ideal Qualifications
- AWS Certifications
- Experience on Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- 7 years design & development experience including frontend, backend, database and Integration technologies preferred
- Strong knowledge of data modeling and ETL development including development patterns, and best practices
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Marketing and Capabilities Technology Team.
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Offers of employment are contingent on the completion of satisfactory references, background investigation, and (if applicable) any federal securities law requirements/FINRA regulations (including fingerprinting) and/or passing of a drug screening.At MassMutual, we focus on ensuring fair, equitable pay by providing competitive salaries, along with incentive and bonus opportunities for all employees. Your total compensation package includes either a bonus target or in a sales-focused role a Variable Incentive Compensation component. For more information about our extensive benefits offerings please check out our Total Rewards at a Glance.