Solution Architect at Origami Risk (Remote)
Starting base pay for this role is between $140,000 and $175,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, training, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will be eligible for a bonus as well as competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, wellness reimbursement, life insurance, and a 401(k) with company match. We offer vacation and sick leave benefits (under a flexible time off policy in most states).
Origami Risk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive and benefit from diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We do not discriminate against any individual based upon race, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Understands the organizational needs to define system specifications.
- Plans and designs the structure of a technology solution ensuring limited security risk.
- Communicates system requirements to software development teams.
- Evaluates and selects appropriate software or hardware and suggests integration methods.
- Oversees assigned programs (i.e., conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members.
- Assists with solving technical problems when they arise.
- Ensures the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure.
- Addresses technical concerns, ideas, and suggestions.
- Monitors systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals.
- Monitors, evaluates, and manages the use of open source libraries for vulnerabilities.
- Reviews current platform security measures and provides recommendations and implementation of enhancements.
- Responsible for creating engineering standards.
- Trains and mentors Development Team on architectural designs, reverse engineering practices and secure coding practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with at least 5 years in Solutions Architecture.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDb, DynamoDb, Redis).
- Experience with Single Page Applications/Micro Frontend (e.g., Angular or React) frameworks a plus.
- Strong experience in SOA/DDD/BDD/TDD.
- Strong background and best practices in refactoring/reverse engineering monolith systems.
- Expertise and hands-on experience in cloud data capabilities and big data implementations.
- Experience with serverless architectures.
- Strong experience in CI/CD pipelines and best practices.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience designing microservice-based architectures.
Who We Are
Origami Risk is a leading provider of integrated SaaS solutions for risk management, insurance, safety, and compliance. We've designed our single-platform, cloud-based software to be easily configurable to meet the needs of insured corporate and public entities, brokers and risk consultants, insurers and MGAs, third party claims administrators (TPAs), risk pools, and more. To fulfill our singular focus of helping our clients achieve their business objectives, our software is supported by a best-in-class service team of experienced risk, insurance, and safety professionals who have an ideal balance of industry knowledge and technological expertise.
Since its founding in 2009, Origami Risk has received more than two dozen awards for service excellence, technology innovation, and workplace culture. In addition to inclusion in Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America, Origami Risk also has been repeatedly recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the "Best Places to Work" and Best and Brightest® Companies To Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR).