Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst II
Ball Aerospace and Technologies Corp. is currently looking for an Software Quality Assurance Analyst to perform manual and automated testing of the Ball Aerospace IT Business applications and systems to include Product Data Management, Procurement, Financial, Anomaly Tracking, Manufacturing, Business Resource Tools, and others. The analyst may work on multiple projects, and operations and maintenance, simultaneously. The successful candidate will work closely with subject matter experts, developers, and product managers to ensure thorough, repeatable, and scalable test cases.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct all aspects of testing and analysis in a highly integrated, complex, regulated environment with multiple Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, in support of space hardware, national defense, and data services.
- Create test conditions using manual and automated processes to address change in software, hardware, and database systems in test environment.
- Perform deep analysis and evaluation of potential defect or design flaws using an array of technical tools and languages.
- Provide potential technical solutions to defects and design flaws.
- Create repeatable automated test procedures to shorten test cycles and provide broader and deeper coverage using in-house tools.
- Write SQL, PLSQL, and TSQL for test and analysis purposes across enterprise and ancillary databases.
- Perform load and performance testing in a rudimentary fashion on new products or upgraded systems.
- Maintain, monitor, and enhance off-network test environment and on-network test environment.
- Streamline technical and business-related processes during design and build phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Perform regression testing on enterprise and ancillary applications, application integration bus, and varying systems for all changes
- Develop and direct preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures, and schedules for completing systems.
- Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness of test program.
- Execute on test conditions using manual and automated processes to address change in software, hardware, and database systems in test environment.
- Perform requirements gathering and business analysis efforts as needed.
- Synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Participate in rotational weekend production smoke testing functions.
- Occasionally participate in weekend go-live/cutover activities for large upgrades or new system implementation.
- Review technical documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, and completeness to mitigate risk of all types.
- Utilize bug tracking system to report defects or design flaws to project teams, application owners, subject matter experts, and developers.
- Perform maintenance, modification, and debugging of existing automated and manual test procedures.
- Create software requirements traceability matrix using internal tools to ensure all requirements have test cases and have been validated during testing.
- Perform duties within differing SDLC methodologies.
- Follow documented or established procedures to perform quality assurance activities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 5 years of recent experience in software quality assurance, including test cases and data preparation; manual testing techniques, and automated testing techniques.
- Ability to work and communicate well with cross section of business to include SQA, product management, development, and subject matter experts.
- Understanding and functional knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong system testing skills.
- Ability to work in multiple SDLC’s.
- A demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level.
- Test Case management skills using Silk Central Test Manager preferred.
- Knowledge of business resource tools to include Opportunity Identification, Proposal Development, Cost/Schedule Integration, Change Management, Forecasting, Earned Value Management, Resource Management, Risk Management and Reporting preferred.
- Knowledge of SSIS, SSRS, and Biztalk preferred.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse concepts preferred.
- Knowledge of the following Software Applications: Deltek, Costpoint, EcoSys-EPC, Industrial and Financial Systems (IFS), Delmia, Agile (PLM) preferred.
- Work is performed in an office and home environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.