Software Engineer at Powin (Remote)
We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
About the Company
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind. Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
Powin's Product Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for mathematics. The Software Engineer will be responsible for writing code, writing unit tests, and working collaboratively with Powin's Quality Assurance team, with an emphasis on mathematical optimization algorithms.
The perfect candidate for this role will have a background in both Computer Science and Mathematics, and experience with Python, AWS, and Java or C#. Responsible for assisting with developing, refining, and advancing Powin's battery energy storage technology for use in the next generation of the grid. This role is hands on and reports to the Director of Software Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Linear Algebra and Optimization knowledge are required)
- Experience in algorithm development, and the discipline to meet product release schedules
- 2+ years’ experience with Python
- 1+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Programming (Java or C# is preferred)
- 1+ years’ experience with AWS
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
- Ability to learn new frameworks, new environments, and new technologies
- Pytest experience
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!