Ascend.io, the data automation cloud, provides the only unified platform for data pipelines with 10x faster build velocity and automated maintenance. The Ascend Data Automation Cloud makes it possible to build autonomous data pipelines that dynamically adapt to changes in data, code, and environment with 95% less code.
As a member of Ascend’s software engineering team, you will contribute to all portions of the stack, whether it's designing, implementing, and scaling a variety of micro-services that power the entire Ascend platform on the backend, helping the user experience on the frontend by connecting the complex world of data to users in an elegant yet empowering interface, or constructing and scaling our infrastructure services as we automate hundreds of millions of big data jobs each month. You will leverage your experience and satiate your curiosity while integrating with the most modern big data and infrastructure platforms in the world. We believe the best teams are those comprised of individuals who have demonstrated excellence in a variety of areas, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room.
What you'll do:
- Develop information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Investigate problem areas.
- Follow the software development lifecycle.
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve team speed and efficiency.
What we look for:
- Architect: You're passionate about architecture and designing for scale.
- Breadth: You have a familiarity with a large range of technologies that help you to identify unique and elegant solutions
- Scale: You have significant experience designing, deploying, and operating large scale systems
- Skills: Experience with Go, Kubernetes, Python, React, Node.JS and related technologies a plus
What We Offer
- Medical/Dental/Vision covered at 100%
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Meaningful equity
- Flexible PTO
- Annual Learning Stipend
- Remote Work Stipend
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Ascend we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law
Read Full Job Description