At Affirm/Returnly, we value you as a whole person. We care about the skill set you bring to the table, but more importantly, we care about the kind of person you are and the culture and attitude you bring to the table. As a Software Engineer, Testing, you will help build solutions that will be used by thousands of customers. You will find success in this role if you are a seasoned software engineer who appreciates real, technical challenges and building high-quality services.
What you'll do
- Help build necessary automation to bring Returnly system towards continuous deployment: design, develop, and guide automation and execution of test plans across all test layers
- Act as a quality owner of a highly configurable system that is used by thousands of companies and millions of shoppers
- Work with a highly collaborative team, where you will solve challenging problems
- Review each other's code and pair-program to spread knowledge and produce higher-quality automation code
- Make decisions based on data and be pragmatic
- Go beyond engineering by working closely with our support representatives where we help triage and debug technical support requests
- Ensure quality of unit, integration, and performance tests in a rapid development environment
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features, and process changes
- Challenge existing practices to make them even better
- Awe your team by uncovering and preventing corner case defects
What we look for
While we need someone with deep knowledge of this position's primary required skills, we prefer people with broad experience in neighboring or related areas. We also need a deep passion for product quality and customer satisfaction. We are a young company where specialization is still in process. We believe that the better you understand the people you are collaborating with, the easier it will be to have smooth communication with them.
- Solid coding skills
- 3+ years of web app or mobile app testing experience
- Thorough understanding of testing methodologies and practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
- Proven track record of shipping quality software in a delivery-focused environment
- Desire to improve broken processes and make your own job easier over time
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
- Excellent written and spoken communication is required to collaborate with a global team
- Data-driven mentality
- Fast learner, self-motivated team player who loves collaboration
- Strong knowledge of automated test script and tool/utility development
- Proficiency with databases and writing SQL queries for data verification
- Experience testing REST APIs
Location- Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.