Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Site Visibility is Samsara’s newest product, focusing on a computer vision-powered site visibility solution for industrial, warehousing, and office environments. Our mission is to improve worksite safety and operations by providing better visibility into what's going on in customer sites. Our first product is an ML-enhanced video recording device that is installed on-prem, stores camera footage, runs the footage through deep learning models, and allows users to view video camera streams and ML insights via a web dashboard and mobile application. We can help users solve common pain points in their day-to-day operations, such as allowing users to search for and instantly find when a warehouse accident occurred, or enabling users to identify who is not wearing an orange safety vest in hazardous areas.
Over the past year, we’ve launched our product, grown sales, and hit critical milestones indicating strong product market fit. This year, we plan to grow our team substantially to scale our core product and build out entirely new feature areas. Through this growth we’ll channel our efforts towards launching optimized streaming capabilities, expanded floor plans and mapping features, powerful reporting, and other exciting product frontiers. Cameras are only a small piece of the Connected Sites equation - we know everything from the badge readers, heavy duty equipment, or even just the forms and reports that our customers use everyday are critical to us delivering the most value across our mission statement: safety, efficiency, and sustainability.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small team and have a large impact across different sides of the business as it grows quickly to meet customer demand. As an early engineer on the team, you will have a massive impact on our product’s success.
- Bring a customer-focused mindset to all development, thinking through how our customers use our software and how best to meet their needs
- Build cloud based, high performance, real-time video streaming solutions for our customers
- Collaborate with our firmware teams to design video streaming solutions that stand the test of time
- Design, architect and implement robust solutions for our next generation streaming platform
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience in software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Customer-focused professional experience in any industry
- An interest in growing and developing as a software engineer
An ideal candidate also has:
- Enjoys understanding our users and owning features that improve their workflows and day-to-day operations
- Experience shipping high-quality features to users
- Enjoys working collaboratively with developers of different focuses (infra, firmware, vision, etc)
- Strong desire for continuous learning and career development
- Experience working with Go, React or Typescript
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.