The Interactive Content team at Pluralsight has an opening for a Ruby on Rails Developer. The role is US based remote!
The Interactive Content team (we call ourselves Codey) is responsible for building the hands-on experience for our learning platform. At Pluralsight, our mission is to democratize technology and in order to do that successfully we have to tackle learning in a way that helps reinforce the knowledge acquired. The Codey team is part of Interactive Content and responsible for the Code Labs platform which supports the Software Development domain. You'll be joining a team that works on a sophisticated experience that impacts customers and the business in major ways.
Who you're committed to being:
- You are not afraid to be yourself, experiment, make mistakes and learn from them, ask questions, or voice your concerns.
- An encouraging and engaged team member, able to express sophisticated. information to a variety of consumers.
- Able to solve problems independently or with a team and prioritize work based on anticipated business value.
- A transparent and clear communicator with the ability to simplify sophisticated concepts for Pluralsight learners and clients.
- A builder with a curious mind and exceptional attention to detail, who loves crafting outstanding software.
- A forward thinking technologist with an appreciation for human centered product design. You'll work in a cross functional capacity to understand customer needs and invent on their behalf to enable even better solutions than what we have today.
Experience you'll need:
- Experience as a Ruby on Rails backend developer.
- Bonus points for experience with React.
- Cloud infrastructure experience (GCP or AWS is helpful).
- Understanding of relational databases (Postgres is helpful).
- Experience writing unit tests, participating in design discussions, data shape, and business logic.
- A foundational understanding and experience with topics related to platform scale, security, availability, deployment and operations.
- Passionate about data, innovation, and using technology to unlock the future.
- Good communication skills, ability to partner with product and design, and collaborate on cross-functional teams.
Ways we work:
- Provide architectural, strategic, and scale recommendations for both front-end and back-end development
- Test-Driven Development - we take ownership for our code without QA engineers
- Pair programming - we value collaborative development
- Continuous Delivery - teams independently ship code to prod every day
- Kanban & Lean - no more backlog grooming, no more T-shirt size estimating
- Continual improvement - we take time to sharpen the saw and adjust how we work
- Human centered design - involved engineers who participate in customer research through the design and implementation to ensure we are addressing our customer's needs
- Autonomous & responsible teams - collaborate with Product Manager and Product Designer to better understand the customer, provide valuable input into project feasibility and timeline estimation, standards, layouts, navigational features, functional design, and usability
- Cross-functional teams - collaborating through all phases of the product dev process
- Customer research - we build what our customers actually want
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.