Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
This role has the ability to work remotely within the United States. You must be legally authorized to work in the USA. Bixal does not provide visa sponsorship.
What will you do?
As a Python Software Engineer, you will join a diverse team of software architects, engineers, and developers creating innovative solutions positively impacting client operations and employee experiences. You will develop Django, Python, Web Application solutions supporting knowledge management, organizational learning, human capital planning, employee engagement, and collaboration.
This is a full-time proposal position contingent on contract award.
- Maintaining, updating, and developing a Python Django application.
- Write Django templates and template tags.
- Help with managing and updating 3rd party application configuration and settings.
- Write clean, well-engineered code that conforms to accepted standards.
- Conduct multiple levels of testing including unit, system load, integration and performance.
- Create and maintain technical documentation aimed at developers and engineers.
- Conduct demonstrations, technical discussions, and developing proof-of-concepts.
- Support partners with guidance for application integration, reviewing application readiness, and confirming production deployment.
- Ongoing support for technical and operational issues which may include identification, assessment and escalation of issues, implementation of bug fixes and vulnerabilities.
- Ensure websites meet all Federal regulatory guidance, including 508 and current web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG).
- Communicate effectively across product, development, operations, and application security teams.
- Work with business users to gather requirements, write functional and technical specifications.
- Participate in the introduction of new capabilities and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities.
- Participate in the estimation and planning of iterative / agile releases.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years of python development experience.
- 10 years of professional working experience.
- Proficient at writing code and markup using Python and HTML5.
- Advanced Git skills to manage code.
- Experience using Django.
- Knowledge about component-based design systems, preferably USWDS.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to pass public trust clearance.
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge at building websites using Single Sign-on (SSO) authentication.
- Comfortable integrating 3rd party systems in web applications.
- Have experience in managing cloud based web servers and infrastructure.
- Understanding of deployment workflows, including integration with CI/CD technologies.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Flex Spending Account
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
11 Paid holidays
Professional development opportunities
New business referral bonus
Bixal is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Information on Bixal
Bixal operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Fairfax, VA and Washington, DC. Bixal was founded in 2001. It has 162 total employees. To see all 26 open jobs at Bixal, click here.
Read Full Job Description