Route is helping people discover and celebrate the world's brands through a completely reimagined e-commerce marketplace that directly connects and empowers both consumers and brands.Route's unique platform takes a holistic approach to online shopping, rethinking the consumer experience from discovery to delivery via the Route app, while offering a suite of features that provides merchants the tools necessary to enhance the overlooked post-purchase experience. Since launching in 2018, Route has built a network of over 1.5 million app users and 7,000 merchants. Route has offices in Lehi, UT, Los Angeles, CA, and remote hubs in Brazil and Costa Rica. For more information go to route.com
About The Role
Route's software engineers are developing next-generation technologies that change how millions of users see, share, and discover the world's products. We are looking for versatile engineers that bring a background in distributed systems design and development, large-scale data storage and processing systems, UI design, mobile, and much more.
Route is an engineering company. We need our engineers to bring fresh ideas, be excited to take on new problems across the stack, and embrace the startup culture where we must be comfortable being uncomfortable at times. We aspire to hire the best people with a broad set of technical skills, representing a globally diverse audience, and bringing a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and cultures.
The Protect team is responsible for enabling post purchase package protection and making sure it works flawlessly for our customers. Our products are available in thousands of online stores all across the globe, so solving problems related to availability, scalability and reliability will become your day to day routine. You will create backend services and APIs that are used millions of times per minute, meeting subsecond SLAs, and create highly efficient UIs to enable our products to reach millions of customers.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and improve software
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Embody a culture of innovation, transparency, and radical candor
- Fluent in English
- Work hours based on local time in Utah
- Contracted through third party
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Interest and ability to learn other languages as needed.
- MS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Mobile Application Development, Front End Development, Big Data Processing Systems, AWS, Machine Learning.
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.