Hippo is modernizing the home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo is growing! We doubled the size of our company last year, went public in 2021, and now serve customers in 37 states. We are looking for Software Engineers for multiple teams across our product engineering organization. Our product engineering teams work on many areas core to Hippo’s business, including web and mobile apps for consumers and insurance agents; systems to handle billing, payments, claims, and user data; and our pricing systems that maintain our portfolio of insurance products and calculate premiums.
The ideal candidate is excited to work on products with immediate business impact in a fast-paced environment and enjoys tackling ambiguous problems.
What you’ll do
- Work with a small, cross functional team on products and features to support and drive usage of Hippo insurance products
- Build user friendly, highly scalable and fault tolerant solutions across our industry-disrupting product portfolio
- Grow under the mentorship of senior and staff engineers that you collaborate with daily
What we’d like to see
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.