We are currently approved to hire this position in the following states AK, CA, CO, DE, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MI, MO, MT, NH, NY, TX, WA, VA.Hello, We’re Built In
A venture-backed industry leader in tech recruitment, Built In serves more than 1,800 innovative tech companies, with 2.5 million sought-after tech professionals visiting the site monthly. The platform leverages the power of content to help tech companies elevate their reputations as national, local or remote employers of choice, as well as leaders in DEI. With $30 million in funding to date, Built In raised $22 million in a 2019 Series C round led by Updata Partners with participation from existing investors including MATH Venture Partners, which led Built In’s previous two funding rounds. Built In’s most recent accolades include its inclusion in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ list and the 2020 Inc. 5000 list.
Built In is a tech leader with a unique position in the market, expanding its product and technology footprint, and building the leading B2B SaaS product nationally for employer branding and talent activation. Its B2C marketsite comprises professionals who aren't just active job seekers but are learning about the tech industry or seeking professional development with high quality content. Built In helps customers get in front of this audience and launch their journey from reader to candidate to new hire.
The product and technology team is leading this innovation for the fast-growing company that is dedicated to building meaningful tech communities. We value talented people who are passionate towards solving business problems through innovation and best product and engineering practices. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking, outcome-driven environment in a forward-thinking organization that looks to push boundaries - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers nationally (and building towards a global brand).We’re looking for a Software Engineer, Platform (Chicago, IL or Remote)
We are a dynamic team of engineers building products for a fast-growing company that is dedicated to building meaningful tech communities. As an experienced member of our Technology team, we foremost look for talented people who are passionate towards solving business problems through innovation and best engineering practices.
You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common technology and company goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking, outcome-driven environment with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that looks to push boundaries - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers nationally (and building towards globally).How you’ll contribute
- Play a key role in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing and debugging, and documentation.
- Work on both the front-end and back-end of our platform. The tasks you will have will require you to visualize and work with the entire platform and data assets.
- Work within our multi-technology stack including Go, C#, Vue and TypeScript to build services and applications; Drupal-based PHP platform with content; and Salesforce.
- Adapt to new technologies and processes in a growing engineering organization.. Your inputs will always be valued in implementing improvements to our development processes.
- Grow with us as we have clearly defined paths of progression and opportunities, whether you want to design systems, manage engineers, or put your head down and code.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and be willing to contribute to shared infrastructure. We are organized around B2B, B2C, Data & Business Intelligence, Platform and Growth Pods with shared services of SRE and QA.
- Build Platform features using existing architecture for short-term use-cases, as well architect core capabilities for scale that reduces technical debt, collaborate with multiple teams, and ensure a unified engineering and product framework.
- BS or MS in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience required.
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in software engineering required.
- You have programmed with modern frontend and backend languages. A small list of examples for such languages include Go, Python, C#, Java, PHP and TypeScript.
- Familiarity with API design, DevOps concepts, AWS and cloud technologies, Docker.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks a plus.
- Work closely with SRE and QA teams to ensure that infrastructure and development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning and executions, including build towards a reliable CI/CD pipeline.
- Comfortable absorbing new technologies quickly.
- Passion to build great software.
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Be Inclusive, Always.
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Womxn United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We have a dedicated Director, HR + Inclusion who oversees our DEI roadmap, which provides our annual metrics, goals and initiatives.
- We are proud to be led by a female CEO and founder.
NOTE: BUILT IN NEVER CONTACTS JOB APPLICANTS VIA TEXT, MESSENGER OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS. BE AWARE OF PHISHING AND SPOOFING SCAMS, BOTH VIA TEXT AND EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM BUILTIN.COM