Software Engineer - Northeast [NE09] at Terazo (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:38 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Terazo: Software Engineer
Richmond, VA / Durham, NC / Remote
Who we are: a “Third Wave” of digital consultancies is emerging, and Terazo is at the forefront of the movement. We are a software and platform development firm that empowers our clients to run more efficiently and unlock new business value through integration and automation. We build and support mission-critical applications, online services, and platforms that enable innovation for customers across a wide spectrum of industries.
Seek meaningful work: Focus on the Critical. We value our time and our client’s time by engaging in efforts that make a difference. We have a finite number of trips around the sun - we aim to make them count.
Who we need: a Software Engineer to join our team building and delivering innovative
projects for our partners. You get excited about working with current best of breed technologies and are in the weeds with an experienced team aspiring to drive growth of APIs. We put a real emphasis on growth for our people, which means you will have the opportunity to continue to develop deep technical, professional, and leadership skills on this journey.
Thinking about it? Take a look at what we’ve been building @ https://terazo.com/case-studies/ (and
when we chat, tell us about how you think you’ll make it even better.)
As a Software Engineer with Terazo you will:
- Champion your team and client's success.
- Enjoy seeking opportunities to grow and learn, leveraging your knowledge in cutting edge technology and architecture patterns.
- Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, test automation, security, delivery, maintainability, and culture.
- Demonstrate ownership of developed software components and help guide it into production.
- Work with detailed technical designs to build application code.
- Participate in team code reviews.
You’re a match if you:
- Develop, integrate, and consume APIs, and write effective technical documentation including tutorials and API specifications.
- Well versed in deploying software to AWS, Azure, GCP, or other enterprise class cloud platforms.
- Have experience with CI/CD automation using Github actions and other automation software.
- Use container orchestration services like Kubernetes.
- Have a strong grasp of relational and non-relational (NoSQL) databases.
- Communicate complex technical concepts and ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical clients.
- Deep understanding of object oriented and functional paradigms.
- Experience working in Agile teams, review Pull Requests, and decompose business capabilities into stories.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex application architectures and supporting infrastructure.
The icing on the cake:
- Prior experience delivering consulting services.
- Working knowledge of Single-Sign-On, OAuth2 role-based access control.
- Hands on experience in Java back-end development and skills with Spring-boot framework.
The fine print:
- Work where you like: 100% remote; or come see us in Richmond, VA or Durham, NC where our doors are open!
- Travel: Typically none, but, if needed, no more than 5%.
- At this time, Terazo will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Benefits of joining Terazo:
- Competitive salary – Great starting salaries for well qualified candidates
- Open paid time off policy - Terazo offers flexible time off to help you relax and recharge.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, including a 100% company paid plan – We are dedicated to helping our employees live healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- 401k with company match - Terazo offers a generous 401k match to help our employees meet their retirement goals.
- Family Leave - We recognize the importance of family and offer parental and family medical leave plans.
- Group life insurance, and more!
Terazo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
More Information on Terazo
Terazo operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Richmond, VA. Terazo was founded in 2016. It has 72 total employees. To see all 11 open jobs at Terazo, click here.
Read Full Job Description