Found is a modern weight care platform and community focused on integrated support. According to a recent CDC study, nearly 50% of Americans want to lose weight, and on average, Americans have gained 30 lbs during the pandemic. But the existing weight loss industry focuses on shame - if you don’t have the willpower to eat less and workout more, you aren’t trying hard enough.
Modern science shows us that weight care is complex - food and movement are important, but so are hormones, genetics, sleep, stress, mental health, and daily habits. Found’s unique approach incorporates personalized coaching, an online community, and if indicated, medical and prescription solutions.
Research shows that addressing weight health reduces the long-term risk of diabetes, heart disease, and some forms of cancer. We believe in giving our community tools that will help them add years to their lives and reach their goals. We believe it’s not just what you’ve lost, it’s what you’ve Found. Found has raised more than $130mm from leading investors, including Atomic, GV, WestCap, IVP, TCG, Define Ventures and more.
We are looking for a few exceptional software engineers to help us build out our mobile application experience that drives the foundation of the Found program.
What You’ll Do
- Work with design and product to build a first class mobile experience that combines the best aspects of telehealth, health coaching, and social networks
- Be part of the first few mobile hires at Found with the ability to own massive swaths of our mobile app which is core to our success
- Help build and contribute to a high-performance engineering culture
What You Have
- Professional software engineering experience developing mobile applications
- Familiarity and passion for working with React Native
- Passion for working in a rapidly growing business with curiosity, humility, humor, and professionalism
- Experience working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers
- A team oriented personality, bias to action, excellent communication skills
- A strong work ethic and the desire to work at an early stage startup
- A desire to improve yourself and be a positive influence on those around you
- An instinctive desire to write quality code, the humility to understand and improve existing code, and the judgment to make tradeoffs between elegance and efficiency
- Previous experience building health/wellness or social/community based applications
- Previous experience working on applications with 100k+ MAUs
- Full stack experience working with Node.js