About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures instead of the quality of health outcomes. Stellar Health helps primary care providers continually engage with their patients by providing them real-time information and tangible action-based incentives for improving quality of care for their patients.
At Stellar Health, we’re simplifying value-based care. The Stellar platform, a cloud-based, point-of-care tool, fits into existing provider workflows and creates a simple checklist of recommended actions that helps deliver the best quality care for patients. We’re building our technology from the ground up, and the industry is starting to take notice.
Our product actively supports over 500K patient lives - and we have shown that we make a real difference for these practices and their patients. It’s an exciting time to join the Stellar Team: We recently raised a $60M Series B at a $460M valuation from Top VCs in the health-tech space (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners), have an established product & proven operating model, and we’re scaling our team to meet the continued growth and impact on our healthcare system.
About the Role:
As a Software Engineer, you will develop core features of our healthcare platform. The Stellar Engineering Team offers an experienced and mature engineering culture, product development best practices, and an environment where every single engineer has a direct impact on the success of our business. Every team member, regardless of seniority, has the opportunity to have a direct, measurable impact on the product.
We look for engineers who write clean, scalable code and contribute to our collaborative team culture.
Who will love this job:
- You thrive off of supporting your peers and teammates; no job is too small for you.
- You get things done and you love working in a dynamic environment; we move quickly and we need a teammate who will too.
- You understand, appreciate and enjoy the responsibility and accountability that comes with being assigned high level ownership over projects and their success.
- You have a knack for explaining technical processes concisely (even to non-engineers), and work well with cross-functional internal teams.
- You are looking to learn and grow, knowing that this position will involve a lot of ambiguity to deal with, with the support from the organization to help you navigate it.
What you’ll do:
- Own building and delivering big parts of our core product against business needs.
- Write clear and concise production code for the Stellar Health Platform.
- Provide effective and constructive feedback by reviewing others’ work.
- Deliver new features by collaborating regularly with our founding team.
- Set consistent standards for code; testing and fixing bugs throughout the process.
- Work with our founding team on defining product roadmaps, specifications, and priorities.
- Gather data insights and build models for product improvements or for internal use.
You should have:
- 2+ years experience writing production code (required).
- Python experience or experience with other backend languages (Java / C++ / Go / Ruby) and a desire to learn.
Pay, Perks & Such:
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, a 401k program and flexible vacation.
Note on COVID response:
Stellar’s Union Square NYC HQ is currently open for those that wish to use it and we are supporting both hybrid and fully-remote work across the US! If you would like to learn more about our COVID response measures and hybrid work policies, please mention this when you speak with a Stellar Recruiter.
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.
We encourage everyone to apply to our roles, even if they do not meet every single qualification on a job description, and our team is committed to reviewing every resume submitted.