Disney Streaming's Living Room Devices team is seeking a Software Engineer who will be an outstanding addition to our browser-based devices team. The right person for this role is highly motivated, collaborative, and technical, with the ability to coordinate across teams and empower both themselves and others in striving for and achieving excellence. Everything we do directly affects millions of global consumers, their experience with our service, and impacts our business.
Whether you’re in New York, California, Seattle, or remote, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry.
What will the future of streaming look like; and are you ready to be a part of it?
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to build best-of-class, delightful streaming experiences.
- Collaborate with other developers to build, review, and deliver modern media applications to Samsung, LG, and other streaming-media devices.
- Use data and experimentation to reinforce the value of new product functionality, ensure that we are providing the best experience possible for our viewers, and continuously improve our applications.
Basic Qualifications :
- A deep understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Experience developing sophisticated user interfaces in a large and organized codebase.
- Work samples demonstrating experience in building great user interfaces.
- Independence, the ability to work towards results, and an eagerness to learn new technologies & tackle novel problems.
- Experience building browser based applications with Preact/React and Redux.
- Experience with our common development tools such as: GitHub, Jenkins, Webpack, AWS, Confluence, JIRA.
- Experience building applications backed by web-services.
- Experience developing for Samsung, LG, or similar devices.
- Launched or worked on an international product.
- Strong experience with Scrum methodology.