At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching compelling new consumer experiences, tackling global logistics challenges to scaling infrastructure to facilitate our rapid growth – technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops, while also empowering entrepreneurs, including individual sellers, brands and boutiques.
In this role you will:
- Improve our internal PaaS that allows teams to build, deploy, and operate their own applications
- Design core infrastructure and platform components for a fast-growing start-up
- Scale for capacity and traffic spikes of 10x normal load during high-volume events
- Implement defenses against security threats, bots, and malicious actors
- Enhance our chat-based deployment, build, and orchestration systems
- Be on call for the rare infrastructure-level issues that haven’t already been automated
- Automate infrastructure so that pager escalations continue to be rare
We are looking for:
- 2+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Exceptional programming skills, i.e. Go, Python, Ruby
- Professional experience with AWS (Cloudformation is a plus)
- Experience running Docker in production
- Experience reading shell and deciphering build scripts
- Experience evaluating and using open source solutions that fit business needs
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
Read Full Job Description