Software Engineer III - Adobe Experience Manager at Chewy
Chewy is hiring a Software Engineer II, Adobe Experience Manager(AEM) for our Digital Asset Management team in Boston, MA, or Dania Beach, FL. This position is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design, and features for this critical business line. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. As an Adobe AEM Lead Developer, you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment, and support of the application. As an individual contributor working in a team environment, you will work with business teams on interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy.
What You’ll Do:
- Design the complete solution of modules within a software ecosystem
- The Senior AEM Full Stack Developer will play a vital role in the development, testing and deployment of Adobe Experience Management Assets and Sites, as well Adobe’s Marketing Cloud tools. You will work closely with end users to continue to build our state-of-the-art platforms
- Provide input into estimating engagement activities and execute engagements following the Agile methodology including SCRUM.
- Develop and deploy efficient content models, security models, workflows and templates.
- Develop AEM templates and components leveraging current AEM software releases.
- Employ strong coding standards for efficiency, readability, and reuse.
- Investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provide fixes (analyze and fix bugs) and workaround, review changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of overall IT experience and a minimum of 2 years of Adobe AEM/CQ5 experience implementing full cycle Adobe AEM projects (AEM 6.2 and later required; AEM 6.4 is a plus)
- Adobe Certification a big plus.
- Experience maintaining AEM runbook.
- Experience with Adobe Managed Services (AMS)
- Solid experience with AEM building blocks including templates, components, dialogs, widgets and bundles.
- Experience with communicating to different internal servers, databases from AEM, using both front end (ajax, cookies) and back end technologies (servlet, osgi service, Sling)
- Experience with Junit and other testing frameworks in AEM.
- Experience in Java Content Repository (API) suite, Sling web framework and Apache Felix OSGi framework.
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and presentation skills, problem-solving skills and a curious, willing to learn anything attitude.
- Flexibility to work with a team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment is a must.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Position may require travel
Bonus (if applicable):
- E-Commerce experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]