Software Engineer II at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We enable and accelerate enterprise Continuous Delivery at FIS - by building best of class platforms, tools, and evangelization of the CI/CD practice. We are a full stack organization operating in public clouds, AWS, Azure, and Google. We power hundreds of business applications to get to the market quicker, with quality and security. Our team is dynamic and innovative, treating our platforms as real products. Come join us and be a part of building innovative platforms and furthering CI/CD at FIS!
What you will be doing
- Helping the team build an internal platform using services like AWS API Gateway and Lambda
- Developing cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available
- Participate as a team player in an Agile environment - A self-organizing team that is empowered to innovate and work dynamically.
- Mentor other engineers on the team, drawing on your experience to provide thoughtful direction.
- Working closely with remote teams across multiple time zones
What you bring
- Work experience with Python, Golang, or Java
- Understanding of SDLC, CI/CD pipelines and practical experience implementing them
- Functional experience in creating and maintaining widely consumed Terraform modules
- Practical work experience with one or more of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) via API/SDK
- Experienced in using git in a team leveraging short- and long-lived branches
- Team player who is willing to partner with internal and external teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively while being fully remote.
Bonus if you have
- Familiarity with Lambda, Elastic Container Service (ECS), and/or API Gateway
- Knowledge and experience using/managing AWS services like VPC (routing, NACL, TGW), ELB, S3
- Experience working with containers and orchestration platforms (k8s, EKS, AKS, GKE)
- Configuration management tool experience (Ansible, Puppet)
- A technical blog, a public GitHub repo, or contributions to open-source projects
What we offer you
- A high-visibility, high-impact role
- Ownership of your role and responsibilities, impact on an innovative culture
- A modern international work environment and a dedicated and innovative team
- A range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and well-being
- A work environment built on trust, accountability, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness, and respect
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.