Software Engineer II Frontend (NYC) at Kustomer (New York City, NY)
Software Engineer II Frontend
Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built it’s platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Meta. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
You'll be responsible for:
- Working with product and design to creatively solve complex problems while advocating for User Experience.
- Writing clear, concise, well-tested code that follows best practices advocated by JS and react community
- Ensuring implementations follow web standards, accessibility, and usability best practices
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
2-4 years of experience working on high performance, complex React applications.
- HTML/CSS: This is easy for you (especially since we don’t support IE < 11).
- React: You think in components and are familiar with Redux and immutable structures.
- UX/Product: You sweat the details to deliver a high-quality user experience.
- Nice to haves:
- You’re familiar with Sketch.
- You’re familiar with Node.
- You’ve worked with and built REST APIs.
- You have experience with other tools we use: webpack, Babel, ESLint, Prettier, seamless-immutable, Jest, Storybook and Draft.js.
- Knowledgeable of advanced Chrome DevTools features, specifically around performance.
- Experience with continuous deployment