Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
We’re seeking a Software Engineer passionate about building the future of real estate transactions. At Opendoor we handle billions of dollars of home sales every year, and our team is building a simpler, more transparent experience for buying and selling your home. Every engineer at Opendoor has an outsized impact, owning their projects from start to finish, reaching tens of thousands of customers every month and growing quickly with the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Making user-facing products that will empower our customers with the freedom to move by making the home selling process simple
- Rapidly iterating with customers, designers and product managers to product market fit and prioritize engineering work that will have the highest impact
- Guiding the team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
- Becoming a domain expert in real estate
We're looking for teammates who have:
- 4+ years of track record in building and delivering production quality software systems
- Broad understanding of the whole engineering stack, with deep knowledge of frontend technologies
- Focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
- Care for modular, performant, and testable code
- A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and creative solutions to complex problems
- Experience with front-end technologies, including React and React Native
- Experience with GraphQL, Go, Python, or Ruby
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure, Docker and Kubernetes
- A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
- You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description