Software Engineer (DistributionTeam) at Vevo (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:16 p.m. (CST) on Friday, September 9, 2022
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 26B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
Vevo is available on YouTube, Samsung, Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Echo Show, PlutoTV, Apple TV, Roku, Comcast (Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex), VIZIO, Sky (NowTV and SkyQ), Foxxum, XITE, NetRange, Redbox, T-Mobile Play, Virgin Media, Xumo, Telstra and Vewd.
Vevo is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Distribution Team in the Portland, OR. As a software engineer on the distribution team, you will be responsible for back-end Java / Kotlin based services that are the key to distributing content to CDNs that back the Vevo everywhere experience and ingesting core instrumentation data from various Vevo applications. You will work with the Vevo data engineering group to ensure accurate and correct information flows into our internal data systems. Join a small autonomous team responsible for providing content to millions of users and supporting key distribution partners in a multi-billion dollar industry.
Who is the role reporting to? Engineering Manager!
This is a full-time position based in Big Pink (US Bancorp Tower) in downtown Portland. Currently Vevo is doing a hybrid back to work model where we try to average 2 days a week in the office and work remotely the rest of the time. Vevo offices are located in New York, Chicago, LA, London and Portland. In the Portland office you will find a heavy product and engineering presence and culture. Vevo provides catered lunches everyday, arranges weekly game nights, volunteer activities and other events, fostering an environment of professional comradery.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Collaborate with other software engineers, stakeholders, and product managers to build services and applications that are internally and externally facing (partners as well as direct consumer facing)
- Work closely with product managers, designers, software engineers, and infrastructure engineers to design and implement new features
- Provide support for backend services including after-hours support on a rotational basis
- Collaborate with leaders across the company to evangelize and strengthen the engineering culture by continuously improving practices, processes, standards, and tooling
This describes you:
- You believe in values like effectiveness over efficiency and quality over quantity
- You desire to continuously improve your team, your product and yourself
- You have pragmatic communication and problem-solving skills
- You are opinionated yet humble
- You are passionate about building polished, consumer-facing, app experiences
- At least 5+ years of software development experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or a related field, or relevant experience
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as: Webpack, Gradle, GoCD, CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience building microservices utilizing common REST API patterns within common functional domains
- Experience interfacing with various enterprise service bus technologies such as AWS Kinesis or Apache Kafka
- Familiarity with one or more common databases such as mySQL, Postgres, AWS RDS variants, etc.
- Nice to have: Experience with cloud hosting, Kubernetes clusters with Docker containers in AWS
- Nice to have: Experience with scalable, distributed, containerized back-end services
- Nice to have: Experience developing applications for mobile or OTT devices (tvOS, Roku, etc.)
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- We are a tight community of fun, upbeat people with a real passion for music and technology
- We are active in the PDX development community including hosting/attending meetups
- We help you remain up to date with new technology through our skill-based guilds, book clubs, code and tells, and other opportunities like professional training and conferences
- Premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We provide daily catered lunches and an assortment of snacks and beverages
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive compensation packages
This is a full-time position based on-site/in the office (unless otherwise noted in the job posting that this role is fully remote). Vevo will operate in a hybrid work model and will require employees to be in office 2-3 days a week, on average. To qualify for the role you will need to be currently located near the office that you will be based out of, as well as provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to employment.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
More Information on Vevo
Vevo operates in the Music industry. The company is located in New York, NY. Vevo was founded in 2009. It has 646 total employees. To see all 12 open jobs at Vevo, click here.
Read Full Job Description