Interested in working in a group that builds the core of the financial transaction system of the company? What about building software as part of a team that values kindness as much as it values passion for tech? If so, consider joining ActiveCampaign's Billing team, where we are committed to building and maintaining solutions that support the core of all our financial transactions. We work in close collaboration with Accounting, Finance, Marketing and Customer Support to build tools and features that enable a smoother experience for our customers.
We're looking for pragmatic software engineers with experience building engaging experiences in complex web applications. Our ideal candidate has experience throughout the technology stack on horizontally scalable cloud architecture, but we’re interested in considering candidates with any experience and any skill set.
What your day could consist of:
- Work closely with your autonomous, cross-functional team to deliver experiences that meaningfully improve the lives of our customers and internal teams
- Find the best tool for the job in order to create thoughtful customer journeys through our platform
- Learn and own the entire implementation from database to API to UI
- Build, test, and ship features confidently and with low friction through a modern GitLab continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline to AWS cloud
- Add new features in Python/PHP
- Integrate and implement state of the art, third party billing subscription management and recurring billing platform
- Help us move our PHP monolith to Python FASTApi microservices
What is needed:
- 3+ years of experience building and deploying scalable applications in the cloud using CI/CD/CT practices in PHP, Python, React, HTML
- Database experience in SQL, NoSQL and event streaming technologies
- AWS or Cloud experience is a plus
- Full stack development experience desired
- Experience with integration and implementation of tools and services is a plus
- Quality first mindset
- Experience solving challenging technical problems with a focus on throughput and fast response time
- Strong communication skills and customer focus
- Willingness to teach as much as you learn
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 600+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions. We have been ranked #4 Best Place to Work on Built In Chicago in 2021, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Career growth including access to personal and professional coaching through Udemy
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.